Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Production Legal Guide rod and spring for G34

Rob D

I would love to see more regs in Production. This is supposed to be the division for "real world" equipment but it seems to be turning into an arms race right now. Unless you buy the right gun and put an additional $500+ into it, you are at a disadvantage in Production?!? :wacko: That is what Limited and Open are for- not Production.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I don't think there are many Production shooters that put an extra $500 in their guns. I suppose I wasn't far from that when I had a $200 match barrel in my G34, until I found that it wasn't as accurate as the original OEM. And I don't think Production should become an equipment race by any means.

But, by our nature, most of us are tinkerers. We always want to fix a perceived problem, or improve on a design feature. Strive for that last mm of accuracy, whether we need it or not. Trying to improve the trigger pull is something most match shooters get into almost as soon as they begin competition. Stock triggers on Prodution guns are pretty bad and don't contribute to good shooting. As long as all safeties remain intact, why should it matter? A $20 aftermarket connector is not going to make or break a match for someone, but it may contribute to the enjoyment factor. I suppose, though, if the connector is a spring, the point is moot.

And what about Mr. Amidon's comment about "...if this action continues..."? Has he been around the last few years? Isn't he aware of the controversy over the proposed rule change to require 3# triggers last year, that got shot down because of the uproar with Production shooters who wanted to keep their 2# triggers? I think "this action" has been continuing for quite some time.

I would rather eliminate aftermarket slides (it ain't a Glock if it says Caspian on it) and barrels, than say you can't tinker with the trigger. I tinker with ALL my triggers. Even those I stake my life on. Why DO they allow aftermarket slides, anyway? If anything takes a gun out of the realm of Production, I would think that replacing half the gun would do that!

AND, who's allowing all this thread drift, anyway? Seems like it originally had to do with steel guide rods and keeping under the +2 oz. limit. B)