Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production legal internal modifications?

D.Hayden

I too believe that if it doesn't improve my score, it goes...and is probably why I have a box of used parts on my bench. I sure wish I had enough god given abilities to be competetive against others with a basically stock gun. That being said, I feel I NEED some add-ons to give me an adge but if everyone has those same add-ons, there went my edge.

It's all relative. My new G34 plus all the mods I can fit within the rules tips the scales at just over $1000, but you could spend that on an all-steel SIG with no mods at all. Or you could get a CZ-75, mod it up, and come in less than what my Glock cost off the shelf.

It's been clear from the beginning that when it comes to allowed modifications, cost has largely been disregarded. After all, you can merrily spend $200+ on trigger work or a new barrel or low-mount Bomars, but can't put a 25-cent piece of grip tape on the slide or a $10 bumper on a magazine.

I have my own opinions about what should and shouldn't be allowed but what's MUCH more important than that, is stability. Whatever we want the rules to be, we need to decide, and quit changing them every year.