Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Milan Fall Classic Rescheduled

Yep, the changes are on the USPSA website. I will update them every evening when I get home from work.

I am going to wait until the results go final to send out the combined results again (Thursday evening).

I am in the process of double checking all of the classifier scores (we REALLY don't want those messed up) so I can submit them Thursday night and get it paid, so they will show up on this months update.

Frank

The hf on that one is way out of wack. I looked at the top shooters in each class and it doesn't look like anyone even made their class. I think they pull some of these numbers out of a hat. I'd really like it if the reviewed some of these... there are some that are near impossible to make your class let alone advance... this one is such a classifier imo.

Chris 84.4333 6/04/03

Max 100.0000 8/09/05

Todd 94.9048 7/01/02

KC E 94.1019 10/08/01

BJ 100.0000 5/12/08

BJ 74.8838 11/06/06

Henning 71.7630 9/11/08

Edited by JThompson

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh well, I shot it decently and the calculator has it at 69%. Won't hurt a thing in my trophy hunting.....

You shot it solidbro... it's what gotme looking. I even went hunting for some of the top dogs to see howthey did and edited the post with the data. If some of those guys can't make it there is a problem.

Take a look above

Yeah... I noticed quite a few entry mistakes. Both of the stats people were new. I am in the middle of going through all of the scoresheets now, and confirming everything.

I've found about 20 changes at the moment (in the middle of squad 12). Which would work out to about a 3% error rate for stats. Not great, but for it being their first time, not bad either.

I'll have it done in about an hour or two, and will post the updated results.

Frank

2008 Milan Fall Classic Competitors...

As most of you know, our stats personnel were new to the EZWinScore program, so I started my evening by going through the classifier stage sheets to make sure everything was good.

I began to notice errors here and there, so I decided to go through all of the sheets (took about 3 hours). The scores posted at http://www.uspsa.org/mr/clubresults.php?ye...amp;ccode1=IL05 now match the sheets that were turned in, to the best of my knowledge.

The challenge period is still active, and will still continue until midnight on Wednesday, October 8th.

I think we ended up with about a 1.5% error in the initial results (mostly missed no-shoots or procedurals). Not acceptible, but then again, it was their first time, so I think it was actually a damn good job for them.

Thanks

Frank

2008 Milan Fall Classic Competitors...

As most of you know, our stats personnel were new to the EZWinScore program, so I started my evening by going through the classifier stage sheets to make sure everything was good.

I began to notice errors here and there, so I decided to go through all of the sheets (took about 3 hours). The scores posted at http://www.uspsa.org/mr/clubresults.php?ye...amp;ccode1=IL05 now match the sheets that were turned in, to the best of my knowledge.

The challenge period is still active, and will still continue until midnight on Wednesday, October 8th.

I think we ended up with about a 1.5% error in the initial results (mostly missed no-shoots or procedurals). Not acceptible, but then again, it was their first time, so I think it was actually a damn good job for them.

Thanks

Frank

Frank... I like me score the way it was... :D Let me rephrase. I like it less now than I did before. hahah Nothing like getting beat by your nemesis by .03% heheh

We actually had two good cracks that I heard about the beaver:

1. On Saturday, a guy asked me "hold the bottle up to the beavers lips? I didn't know beaver's had lips." I said "Any one that I've ever seen did."

2. On Sunday, someone actually called me on the radio when it started to rain and said "you're beaver is getting wet on stage 9."

Frank

Is it just me or is that RO in the video of Matt shooting the star on the move sexy or what? :roflol:

Or what... :surprise:

I dunno, I think I am looking pretty good there.

I know it sure doesn't get any better. :roflol:

Well maybe in college. Or before I was married. :ph34r:

Refraining from comment as the MD isn't in much better shape :cheers:

Round is a shape Frank...

I think we need some of the ladies on this forum to chime in... I don't see my backside that often ya know? And I have to say I've got a nice butt, for a guy.

Sometimes, I swear, it feels like some of you guys are checking out my back side... you know who you are. :roflol:

I thought I'd add my $.02 here for what it's worth. I'm pleased that the match went well and also the size and scope of the turn out. Thanks to all those that came a great distance in these times of high fuel prices and other expenses. That is one reason I had originally set the entry fee at a reasonable level and Frank kept it at that amount. I had planned on being at the September shoot but the weather had other plans. On Sept. 19th I had my long over due knee replacement surgery so I could not attend the rescheduled match. In short, all the credit goes to Frank and those that helped him make this shoot a success.

I have read here and talked to those that were there, that shooters new to our range were complementary about the facilities. I appreciate that. Even way back at the 1982 Nationals, it was called it "IPSC Park" mostly because of the well kept/mowed ranges and the park like setting. Many of our club members really don't know how lucky we are to have such a nice facility.

I'm please to have a GM make our shoot and hope you had a good time, Matt. Sorry I could not be there to meet you. Also, Carmoney, it has been years(since Second Chance) since we've met and maybe next year you'll be back if the dates work for you. Frank plans on hosting the Illinois Sectional so hopefully many of those that attended this year's shoot can make it back then. Those dates are yet to be set. We'd like to have it shortly before the Nationals but have no idea when and WHERE they will be. I hear it may move from Tulsa. Anyone have ideas on that? Mike, you usually are up on these things. Heard anything yet?

I don't intend to completely disappear from the practical program at Milan. It would be unfair for me to have Frank hand it all back to me. Besides, it is time for new energy and ideas to take over. I'll stay in the back ground as an advisor and hope that my new knee will allow me to shoot our matches again. If possible I'd like to tackle the SSC this April. We'll see how rehab goes by then.

Thanks again to everyone....shooters and worker that made the match a success.

Terry Fischer

Milan IPSC Chairman- Retired

Terry,

It will be a nice change of pace to shoot some instead of working them. Working and shooting should be avoided at all cost unless you don't care how you shoot. The setup and then doing fixit/runner duty crushed me. I'm not in the best shape and by the time I got to shooting, the third day, I was toast. It was rewarding to help keep things going and being a part of the match, but it takes it's toll over a couple days.

My hope would be that you and Frank could split the duty on the larger matches, so one of you isn't frazzled. I know Frank's legs were about to give out the last day. I don't think we had one fully functional, body or brain, between us. Don't get me wrong, I think he did a bang up job. I know he learned a lot of stuff for the next match as did I.

I'd like to be a part of the team for the Il sectional next year, but would like to find a way to have a little more gas in the tank come shooting time.

JT

Edited by JThompson

My plan right now for the sectional is to set up though the whole week, instead of in one day, and then the RO's, Staff and Sponsors will shoot on Friday so they AREN'T frazzled while they shoot.

A couple of people have told me that they will take their vacation that week to help with set-up, which will help a lot. :rolleyes:

Frank

My plan right now for the sectional is to set up though the whole week, instead of in one day, and then the RO's, Staff and Sponsors will shoot on Friday so they AREN'T frazzled while they shoot.

A couple of people have told me that they will take their vacation that week to help with set-up, which will help a lot. :rolleyes:

Frank

You get the dates firmed up and I will try and set things up so I can be there with you. After working with you over the last match I think we have a pretty good understanding of one another capabilities and hwo the other thinks. I don't know how many you will have coming to that event, but it would be helpful if we could get some hotel cost help. My hotel bill for both the rain-out and the match cost me around $350 :o If I was to come up and help for a week it would be nice to get some of that picked up.

Let me know as soon as you do and I will block out some time that week.

JT

Edited by JThompson

Classifier scores have been sent to USPSA along with payment, so your scores should show up in this months run.

There were no further challenges after the first day, so the scores as posted will stand. If you think your classifier is wrong, let me know and I will double check. If it is, I will submit a correction.

Thanks again everyone for a great match. I can now sleep :)

Frank