Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Comp Modification

TBF

Supposing you wanted to create additional force to counteract muzzle flip.

At what point would the pressure/ volume begin to give diminishing gains?

I guess what I am trying to ask is what point does the hole become too big and the gas velocity too low to be as effective as a smaller hole with higher pressure?

Maybe I still didn't ask the question properly, who has ruined a comp by progressively hogging out the holes, and at what point did things start to get worse instead of better?

Travis F.

You might talk to PaulW when he gets his new open blaster going. I built him a comp with really fat-ass ports....I'm really interested to hear how it feels. And it's ti, so weight is no issue...you get to really feel what the ports are doing.

Sounds like an interesting experiment I may have to undertake sometime....

Anybody have access to a CFD program? Someone could model this on a computer and figure out what would make the ideal comp.

There are some people that get carried away with drilling more and more holes. If you cover each hole with a piece of tape and the tape remains after firing the gun, then you have too many holes.

Oh how I would love to give you an update. BrianH, I swear I will if my gun is ever done. Gunsmith "SHOULD" have it done next week. Well shootable anyways. I'll let you know how it works and even post some pics. Hey brianH, thanks for getting back to me, I was an inch away from sending it your way....but, had to do the politcally correct thing. I "Really" like the the latest comp on your website. If my does not work as I hope it will I'll have you make on for me. Thanks again....and stay tuned!