Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

President's Medals

B.J. Norris

Had a note from UPS in the PO box saying that I had a package sitting at the depot in town. Went to pick it up, and found not only a plaque for 1st place Junior in Prod at FGN, but a President's Medal bearing the USPSA logo. I figured it would be awhile before I got one of those. Now looking at the IPSC website, what I have is no where close to what they are showing they are. So I guess its not a real President's Medal, but oh well :D .

B.J.,

IPSC President's Medals are only awarded to Division or Division/Category winners in an IPSC sanctioned match, subject to a minimum number of competitors participating in each Division and Category. Those are the medals shown on the IPSC website.

I've never seen or heard of USPSA President's medals, so I guess they are a new item.

Vince, tis what I thought. There were only 2 Juniors in Production, and after I looked at the IPSC webpage and saw that there must be at least 5 competitors in the category, I duduced that this was not a real IPSC President's Medal, and that it must be a USPSA thing. Oh well, I've got a few years to win IPSC President's Medals.

P.S. I'll post a picture of it as soon as I get a chance. (And send it to somebody to be hosted........)

• 2 weeks later...

Things seem to be looking up for me. I met the guy that I left my name tag with for the awards at FGN since wasn't going to be around., yesterday. He handed me the box of stuff that we won, and a President's Medal matching the design on the IPSC webpage, purple ribbon and all. He also told me that I was the only National Champion that wasn't there to get my award. Oh well, theres always next year.

Chris, Thats the one that I got with my plaque, and is not the true IPSC President's Medal. I guess USPSA has started their own system? All the sudden these things started showing up. I don't know if Mike Voigt said, "Hey, lets start giving USPSA President's Medals out" or what.