Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

6" .40

ebg3

I have got it in my head that a 6" single stack 9mm with the slide chopped, cut, drilled to within an once of it life would be the perfect limited set up for steel challenge.

OK I know this is a bit of a thread drift but.

:surprise:

I built a 6 inch 9mm for a steel shooter over in Iowa his name Is Dennis Lorenzen= The gun works real good he shoots only steel

and is happy as bear with 100 gallons of honey with it.

:roflol::devil:

Jim/Pa

Sailors

See there thats what I am saying. :cheers:

Properly fit there is NO advantage to a bull barrel over a bushing barrel from an accuracy or reliability standpoint. A poorly fit bushing adds another clearance that will compromise accuracy.

You can get a bull barrel down within an ounce of a bushing barrel if you want to, and balance the gun out to track nicely. It is a ton more work with no gain other than cool points IMO. I also feel that using a bushing barrel lets me tailor the slide weight for a better front sight track than is possible using a light bull barrel.

There are many schools of thought here on how to make the best blaster, and none of them are patently wrong. Your best bet will be to find a couple different 6" configurations to try and see what fits your shooting the best or a gun that allows you to move reciprocating and stationary weight around to see what effect it has on the way the gun tracks. The differences are profound.

I used a bull barrel because I don't like the look of the full 6 inch slide. I cut the spring plug area back and use a 5 inch recoil system. I can turn the bull barrel down pretty quick to shave weight. The flutes Don't really take enough weight off for the time expense.

Properly fit there is NO advantage to a bull barrel over a bushing barrel from an accuracy or reliability standpoint. A poorly fit bushing adds another clearance that will compromise accuracy.

You can get a bull barrel down within an ounce of a bushing barrel if you want to, and balance the gun out to track nicely. It is a ton more work with no gain other than cool points IMO. I also feel that using a bushing barrel lets me tailor the slide weight for a better front sight track than is possible using a light bull barrel.

There are many schools of thought here on how to make the best blaster, and none of them are patently wrong. Your best bet will be to find a couple different 6" configurations to try and see what fits your shooting the best or a gun that allows you to move reciprocating and stationary weight around to see what effect it has on the way the gun tracks. The differences are profound.

now that's what I was driving at, just didn't know it.