Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A Day Shooting With Tgo

eerw

Spent the day in Montrose, Co. before the Wincehster Challenge and the Handgunner shootoff in a class with TGO..

what a blast...we spent the first part of the morning just asking questions and getting TGO's perspective on shooting and how to shoot. Then off to the range..we spent the morning on paper..going over some real basic stuff and then shooting some practice drills and testing the level of each shooter..

Tell you what..what a deal to stand on the line and shoot with TGO...we did one of Robbie's drills shooting one shot up to 10 shots with a 5 sec par and keep them all in the A-zone from 10 yards. pretty fun. and not too hard..but then Robbie walked up to me and said.."it really is done in with a 3 second par" He said he was testing to see where people would panic and start sacrificing accuracy for speed and begin missing.

So TGO looks at us and says..lets go..3 seconds...I was surprised at how smoothly I could shoot that morning..10 shots in the a-zone we averaged 2.5 to 2.6 seconds..then we finished the morning with Bill-Drills..

the afternoon we spent shooting plate racks..( we were afterall at the handgunner) and again..going head to head with TGO on the racks..a lot of fun..even got to shoot about a hundred rounds out of TGO's racegun...

All in all a great day...TGO, his dad, his mom, the family dog and about 20 students..

oh yeah..also learned a few things too.... :D

Cool report eerw!

I think we should have a bronze vestige made of TGO on the front lawn of USPSA headquarters in Sedro. The Dude has got some mojo.

3 second par.....hmm...

That's 1.25 draw and 9 more shots at .194 splits.

Let's make it 2.25 sec par Robert! :D

From my notes...the grip pressure that Robbie showed us he uses is actually light...it is an even pressure that felt lighter than a firm handshake...

He certainly does have some mojo...it great to be standing on the line shooting and having TGO about 2 feet from your face and screaming.."WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"

I recall having read an advertising on American handgunner that the front sight TGO used at WSXIII was a Dawson Precision one, and according to this link it should have been red.

If you are really interested in the fiber color, you could contact Dawson Precision.