Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Powder Check on a 650

So I was getting my 650 ready to do a big batch of loading this weekend. I just finished getting my powder charges set just so and went to verify that my powder check was calibrated when it didn't go off when it should have. Of course, the logical thing to check would be the battery, but that's not it. A new batter that I put on the meter didn't fix it. It hasn't sustained any physical damage that I can see. I know Dillon will take care of it, but obviously not this weekend. Any body have an ideas on what else it could be? I'd really like to get a good 1,000 or so cranked out this weekend.

Thanks.

Did you polish the battery's contacts in the Powder Check System?

be

I have not. It's actually pretty new and only used for one session before. Just for clarification, is that a "this will help" suggestion or a "you probably shouldn't have if you did" suggestion?

Use the two slimy orbs in the upper front part of your head this weekend while Dillon works on your powder check.

Ha! Nice.

Actually, as an update to the situation, I pounded out all 1,000 on Sunday using my near-sighted, slimy orbs. I did call Dillon yesterday and they're sending out a replacement today. I know it's so routine that it almost isn't worth saying, but their customer service really is top notch. It's tough to find companies so willing to stand behind their products in any industry.

Quality issue: when using slimy orbs as powder check devices, powder does have tendency to stick to them. HSMITH, you don't happen to have a fix for that do you? :rolleyes: