Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I just got back from the AWARE match in Morrisville, VT where I recieved a clinic from Mr. Sevigny. Congrats to my good friend and truly amazing shooter. This is, by far, the best 10 stage match I have EVER shot. The props that were built for this match were nothing short of inspiring... comparable to almost every WSXIII stage (short of the Mig fighter and Hind helicopter). The staff is one of the friendliest I have had the pleasure to be RO'd by. Thanks to the match director, range master, and RO's for an incredible accomplishment.

For those who decided not to go this year, you really missed something. The prize distribution problem of last year was unfortunate, but was ensured not to happen again. Prizes were done by random drawings, except for the division winners, which were lucky enough to claim $2000-$3000 Caspian/SVI pistols (not sure which one went where), a Glock 22, and I'm sure something else.

If the AWARE is lucky enough to have GMPS host another IPSC/IDPA match there, I would strongly suggest it. There is a family there that I must mention, as well. Ben, Eli(sp!), and their Father Richard are the most dedicated group I have ever met. Their stages were so inventive with the most amazing props I've ever seen. I found myself saying "I can't believe I left my camera at home" every stage!

Simply, a breathtaking match. I will never miss one there, AWARE or not.

couldn't make it, but it was the best match of 2002 short of the WS! Phil, why were there so many less shooters this year than last (114 vs 191)?

Everyone is USPSA should take a class from the AWARE staff on scheduling and squadding a big match...

--Detlef

I really wanted to go ---- but I took off a weekend in June for the Summer Blast, two more weekends for the Mid-Atlantic Section Championship/FGN roadtrip, and am taking next Saturday for the Area 8. My bosses think I should work occasionally ---- and so does my bank account. This year, at least in Area 8, it seems that the major match calendar was compressed into about a six week period; last year I think it was more spread out. Maybe next year....

Thanks for the kind words.

Regarding the lower numbers, there were many workers (myself included) who felt committed to running the match, and therefore did not shoot. I'm sure being right behind the Nationals didn't help, either.

Another reason for the lower turnout was the lack of Sunday am squads. The club we rent the range from (Lamoille Valley Fish & Game) wanted their members to be able to shoot a large match, without having to join USPSA. This is the primary reason we converted the stages to meet IDPA guidelines. We ran approximately 80 shooters through on Sunday!

I'm sure the match will grow as word spreads that it is worth the trip!

Ed Boadway

Match Director

I think Phil summed it up pretty well. Last year's match was just as great and I assumed they would be reusing all of the time consumingly constructed props from last year in new stage designs. I was just amazed they started over from scratch and built so many new props.

Many of us also stayed and shot the IDPA match on Sunday morning. Some of the stages were replaced with new IDPA stages, but many of the USPSA field courses were slightly modified or had the round counts lowered to IDPA levels and we got a chance to shoot them again with new target scenarios.

One other draw for this match is that it is hosted in one of the most scenic and activity laden areas of the country you can find. I enjoy shooting in the corn fields of Barry as much as the next guy but Stowe, VT is a great weekend escape for the family with so much to do in that area.

Thanks to everyone who worked the match for their efforts, it was well worth the drive once again !!!

Thanks to all that came to VT to shoot the 2003 AWARE in the Green Mountains. Thank you Phil for your rave review. Yes, there were fewer shooters this year. GMPS choose to have somewhat of a smaller AWARE match. It is our belief that a somewhat smaller, well run match is better than a blastfest that is soo large it is hard to run for a small club such as ours is. I hope everyone had fun, and i hope to see you all again next year.

P.S. What did you all think of the food for Bonz Smokehouse Grill?

Scott Chapman

GMPS President

Thanks to all who worked so hard to put on a great match. Great weather, fantastic stages, and the hospitality was top notch.

As far as the Bonz is concerned, I wish Ihad brought some home. :D

Thanks for a great weekend. Now if I can just learn to shoot I will be all set B)

Regards,

Gary Sinclair

Thanks to all the workers, GREAT JOB!

...and Bonz for providing lunch.

More major matches should combine IPSC and IDPA. This match showed it can be done.

Hope the AWARE is back in VT again next year!!!

Rick DeGregorio

• 4 weeks later...