Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ced m2 help

I just got out to use me new ced M2 chrono and am confused on setting strings. I want to be able to run different loads across and then retreive when I get home. I pressed the str button after the first 10 and did this for each bach consistantly but when I got home it didn't seperate the 30 rounds I ran into a different string. It did list a 2nd string after I turned it off and restarted with a different caliber.

What did I do wrong?

no one uses the string store feature on there CED?

I know I can't be the only one who wants to make sure what batch was what without writing it all down at the range. I mean that is what the memory feature is for so you can log it all in after the trip to the range.

no one uses the string store feature on there CED?

I know I can't be the only one who wants to make sure what batch was what without writing it all down at the range. I mean that is what the memory feature is for so you can log it all in after the trip to the range.

Not sure about the CED2 but on the CED 1....the string is retain by pressing once on the reset button.....press too long (quite a while)and you reset all strings too zero.... :cheers:

• 1 month later...

does anyone else's CED Millenium (new one) kill batteries really quick? I love my chrono, even with the buttons not always being responsive, as it takes readings well. but I've taken to removing the batery each time I turn it off as the battery is always dead the next time I go out, and yes I make sure it's turned off before I close the lid. Last week I forgot though, and 3 days later when I hit the range I had a dead battery again. It was brand new 3 days earlier. Maybe I should send it back? the buttons failing to repsond all the time is kind of frustrating, but this battery killing thing is really annoying.

I'm using el cheapo shit in mine, and it is running fine.

I tried that when I got a very good deal through work for some really cheap batteries and my one was suddenly causing problems. My brothers one ran fine from day one. He has always used expensive batteries, he is a hifi nut and all his gear it top class, so he just kept that theory going. I asked him if he was having problems and he came over and looked at my batteries and swapped them out and presto, all is good.

I sell CED and when I get them back the first thing I do is swap out the batteries for good ones, if the problem persists (and sometimes it does) CED fix it. But more than 2/3rds are fixed by good batteries.

If yours is running on th eelcheapo batteries then carry on, you lucky bugger.

I will say one thing though the good batteries do last longer than the cheaper ones, but not at the same Dollars per hour though.

• 5 months later...
I'm using el cheapo shit in mine, and it is running fine.

I tried that when I got a very good deal through work for some really cheap batteries and my one was suddenly causing problems. My brothers one ran fine from day one. He has always used expensive batteries, he is a hifi nut and all his gear it top class, so he just kept that theory going. I asked him if he was having problems and he came over and looked at my batteries and swapped them out and presto, all is good.

I sell CED and when I get them back the first thing I do is swap out the batteries for good ones, if the problem persists (and sometimes it does) CED fix it. But more than 2/3rds are fixed by good batteries.

If yours is running on th eelcheapo batteries then carry on, you lucky bugger.

I will say one thing though the good batteries do last longer than the cheaper ones, but not at the same Dollars per hour though.

Hello,

Has any one tried using a Lithium 9-volt battery. I was wonder if it would be ok to use. My understanding is a lithium battery will last longer and provide a more even voltage at the end of its life,

do you think it is worth $8.50 per battery in this application.

Thanks for your input!

Dale