Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help Me Decide: M&P 5in L model or XDM or SP-01

Coveyrise

You can't go wrong with any of them. Pick the one you like the best. They all have their down falls though. Springfield and Smith & wesson will not sell you some of the extra parts we like to carry around for spares and a CZ can be intimidating to do more than a field strip. Knowing this I still went with a M&P as well as a CZ. I really like them both and they fit my hand better than a Glock did.

Only thing that's completely holding me back from hoping on the M&P Pro bus, from what I've read, is the lack of readily available magazines. That is a deal breaker to me.

I have a very similar dilemma rite now as I've been thinking of going Production. I narrowed it down to : Glock 34 (cheap and readily available mags, I can do all the work myself) an M&P Pro, or a SP01 ( that first trigger pull is killer though).

Have been shooting CZ 75 SP01 Shadow for 12 months & the DA trigger pull in now irrelevant. Seriously, if it's an issue, practice. Draw & fire on a 6-8" plate @ 10-15m, then decock, re-holster & do it again & again & again. No longer an issue.

The number of people that state the DA trigger pull on the CZ as a major drawback is laughable. Obviously, their not serious about competition & are recreational shooters. No sweat, plenty on other excellent options available.

Cheers, Ando.