Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

need help

Mark C.

Guy's I need some help please. I am looking for a comp that will fit a bull barreled AR. I need one that will be allowed in all classes. Not one like the big JP one. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Mark

Guy's I need some help please. I am looking for a comp that will fit a bull barreled AR. I need one that will be allowed in all classes. Not one like the big JP one. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Mark

I'm new to the AR world but I've heard the new surfire ones are good. Also, Larue has one that looks good. I think if you have a flash hider you can thread it on but perhaps someone could advise us on this. Sounds like we are in the same boat but I have a stock S&W m&P 15t. Anyone know what the threading on mine is?

Thanks,

Mule

The Rolling Thunder comp reduces felt recoil substantially, not that 223 has much to begin with. Basically, successive shots on the same target are easy because the crosshairs do not lift from tha target. Also, there is a side effect: a tendency for RO's to spout expletives and take a step further back when I start shooting. ;)

Lee

Rolling Thunder's on my .223's and .308, both old and new style. IMO a little more effective than the Bennie Cooley that I originally tried, but this is subjective. I use Benny's stuff because ... well... I just like Benny! :cheers:

Single stacker, the thread pitch on the S&W M&P 15 is still 1/2x28, an industry standard for mouseguns.

Mark C, what is the muzzle diameter on your bull barrel? The Levang comp has a dia of 0.971", the Surefire's are all 0.865", in fact a lot of the brand name mass produced stuff comes in with a dia in the 0.85__+-" range.