Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm chrono and PF for different weather ?

JimInFL

First big match coming up for my son and I. We're going to the Georgia State Championship from Central Florida.

My open gun loads chrono pretty consistently between 171.5 to 172.5 PF so I'm not overly concerned about them making PF.

The minor loads I'm doing for my son seem to chrono to about a 126-128 PF. That's pretty close in itself, but we're also going from a seriously hot and humid area to something much cooler in late Oct. How should I be taking this into consideration and putting together ammo for the match ?

Just fyi the minor load is 147gr jhp, 3.5gr n320, 1.130 oal.

JimInFL

I would never go to a major match that close to shooting for fun. Get that PF up to about a 135.

+1

Some of my stuff flies over the crono at 172 up here in March (30-40 degrees)

bring it down to some humidity and heat in SC for the sectional the next month.. PF 162.

UG!!

Get it up around 135.

Going from Major to Minor sucks... going from Minor to "shoot for no score" is awful. :wacko:

I would never go to a major match that close to shooting for fun. Get that PF up to about a 135.

+1

Some of my stuff flies over the crono at 172 up here in March (30-40 degrees)

bring it down to some humidity and heat in SC for the sectional the next month.. PF 162.

UG!!

Get it up around 135.

Going from Major to Minor sucks... going from Minor to "shoot for no score" is awful. :wacko:

OK - That's what I was looking for. So I'll see HIGHER PF's up in Georgia (in theory). I realize I need to get that minor load up some, but based on what you said here (also in theory), if I run a load up to 135 here, I could see 145 up there ? Thats a bit drastic isn't it ? Also my major could go up to 182 ? Don't know if I'm comfortable with that.