Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nationals Ammo

Z-man

I'm looking to have some ammo shipped to the LPR Nationals. I know USPSA has the match ammo deal with Precision Delta but I've heard good things about Atlanta Arms & Ammo. I've never had any experience with either (beside ordering bullets from PD). Which would you recommend? I'm shooting a CZ SP-01.

Thanks!

No experience with PD but Atlanta Arms & Ammo is good stuff. I used probably 10K rounds of Danny's 147 gr. 9mm loads before I began reloading. Good enough for Team Glock and the UAM guys so it was more than good enough for me. Accurate, reasonably priced, even the loads in once-fired brass were match quality.

I've shot prob about 7000 rounds of PD's long loaded 40 and it is good and accurate although very dirty. I've shot a little (maybe 1000) rounds of the 147gr PD 9mm out of an SP01 and M&P and liked it as well. I also shot about 300 rounds of the Atlanta Arms 40 cal ammo that they load for the AMU guys which was also nice and accurate as well as much cleaner than the PD ammo.

We use Precision Delta's custom loaded 120 PF 9mm stuff for calibration. Excellent ammunition, and I find it very clean.

One point to consider is the specifics associated with the USPSA match ammo program if you use PD's ammo. You don't get the same deal with other ammunition manufacturers.

Troy

We use Precision Delta's custom loaded 120 PF 9mm stuff for calibration. Excellent ammunition, and I find it very clean.

One point to consider is the specifics associated with the USPSA match ammo program if you use PD's ammo. You don't get the same deal with other ammunition manufacturers.

Troy

Can you alaborate more on that? Do they offer deals if you shoot USPSA?

Edited by Z32MadMan

Troy

Can you alaborate more on that? Do they offer deals if you shoot USPSA?

Take a look at Appendix C3 of the 2008 Rule Book. You get a free pass at the chrono I believe as the ammo is declared as meeting minor or major pf as the case may be.