Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Palm Pilot scoring

Resjudicata

I don't think the palms being "obsolete" is an issue. If they run the software, then they aren't really obsolete. Really, that is a benefit to us (that they are generally "obsolete" for their original purpose)...since that makes them readily available and cheap.

Sounds like we can buy 4 of them for about the same price of 1 timer. They are fairly robust machines. I haven't heard any complaints about them not functioning well (other than Jim's personal m130). So, we are probably good there too...on the whole.

To me...pricing is the only issue.

+1 it's the only thing that stopped my CO home club from purchasing the software.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gurantee we won't do an upgrade to our computer system the night before we leave to do a match again.

On that topic.... I just got back from a 70 shooter/5 stages match that used the new version with the "_" instead of "0" as George Jones suggested (it worked flawlessly). I am grateful to the folks at the Harvard, MA club who installed the upgrade so we could have it fully field tested in time for the nationals - and to Peter who honored my request to not put some other pending improvements into this code drop (since I value stability over new features heading into the nationals).

Starting to play around with this a bit more, now that I got the pdf's from Rob. I may take this to a Tuesday night match (2 stages, 20-25 people) and try it.

I wish you could define the stages on ezws and upload those to the palms. But you can't and I understand why you can't. At least not with USPSS.

Well I tried it. It didn't work very well, and I managed to blow it up once, requiring a software reset of the device. (Changing a walkin's name to something real.) I'll claim operator error on my part and assume I don't know enough about this yet, but it appears more complicated and less intuitive than I previously thought. But like with anything new, I know that's just me, and the A7 Championships and (soon) Nationals are successfully scored with it.