Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ICORE Cup

Hey Guys the 2nd Annual ICORE Cup is going to be on Oct 12th in Byram, Ms. A great bunch of guys and gals puttin on a great match. Right now it is being listed o the Pistol matches on the other side of the Benoverse...ICORE Cup Now to see if this works. Cya in Missippi. later rdd

ETA the App ICORE Cup Application Lets git this match agoin.

Edited by Bubber

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the plug Bubber. We plan to have another great match this year with an improved prize table. Watch the web site for updates - msrevolver.com

In preparation for the ICORE Cup our August 17th match will be a special classifier to try to get a few more people classified.

See you there.

Tony, I THINK Mississippi is FARTHER AWAY than Augusta, GA...reckon what time we'd hafta' get up and leave these parts to get THERE by the time the Match started?...and with that "Time Zone" thing...man, that's makin' my HEAD HURT!... :roflol: ....mikey357

Edited by mikey357

Tony, I THINK Mississippi is FARTHER AWAY than Augusta, GA...reckon what time we'd hafta' get up and leave these parts to get THERE by the time the Match started?...and with that "Time Zone" thing...man, that's makin' my HEAD HURT!... :roflol: ....mikey357

Well I am lucky one this one.

And this is another reason I am going to shoot it.

I have a friend that lives about 15 minutes from the range.

So I am going to fly out the day before spend the night at my friends house, probably drink too much expensive Scotch the night before and feel like crap when I get up the next day to shoot. :wacko:

OK not the last part but I am going to fly and spend the night with my friend.

Aawww, Tony, you KNOW that if Man was meant to FLY, God would have given him WINGS!!! Good Luck on THAT...between the Pilots, Controllers and A&P Mechanics, you'll need it!!!... :roflol: ....mikey357

Oh hell Mike, I figure we are all terminal anyway and when the biguns go down not too many people bounce.

I am more worried about some pimple face TSA agent harassing me more than anything.

Started getting a few questions about campers at the match so I thought I'd repost some information John Hiter uses for the Magnolia Classic. Here you go:

1. The Swinging Bridge RV Park seems pretty nice. It seems like a nice, well kept place and it's less than five minutes from the range. Seemed to be a lot of long term residents.

2. If you want someplace really nice, try booking a camp site at Lefleur's Bluff State Park. They have developed camping, cabins, and primitive camp sites in place around some nice little lakes in a 300 acres of woods right in the heart of Jackson about 15-20 minutes from the range.

3. If your rig is "self supporting" and you are so inclined, you're welcome to park it at the range for the duration. Just be sure to let me know you're doing it so we don't lock you in at night w/ no way to get out.

I've had a couple of hotel inquiries. There isn't a designated hotel this year.

Closest to range – 5 minutes

Days Inn / Byram

106 Swinging Bridge Drive

I-55 South Exit 85

Jackson, MS, 39272

601-371-7111

2007-2008 Magnolia Classic Hotel

Cabot Lodge North

120 Dyess Road

Ridgeland, Mississippi 39157

601-957-0757

1-800-342-2268

Other hotels near several nice restaurants,

movie theater and new Bass Pro Shop. About 15-20 minutes

Used in the past for Magnolia Classic

Jameson Inn Jackson Airport/Pearl

434 Riverwind Drive

Pearl, MS 39208

pearl-ms@jamesoninns.com

Fairfield Inn by Marriott Jackson Airport-Pearl

407 Riverwind Dr

Pearl, MS 39208

800-664-6835

Comfort Inn Airport

235 N Pearson Rd

Pearl, MS 39208

800-754-6835

La Quinta Inn & Suites Jackson Airport

501 S Pearson Rd

Pearl, MS 39208

800-346-8357

• 2 weeks later...

Google range directions.

I-55 South (of Jackson, MS), Exit 85, East 1 mile, cross Pearl River bridge, right then left. If you miss the turn the range will be evident on your right.

Hop, Talked to Glenn Sunday when I was at the monthly IPSC match. (He was out there painting fault line and props for the Cup) He said that we were up to 41 confirmed and several more that he was hoping would get off the fence and come on board. That's up about 1/2 dozen from last year's inaugural match.

Wish you could be here.

PAT

We have a REAL good shot at 50 ;)

Hop, you need to drag yourself and a friend down to make sure we get there. Johnnie Brister and crew will be there for their first ever ICORE match. All are joining ICORE as I understand things.

Edited by haras