Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kydex Holsters For Sv And Sti

Tacblack

This should be a good place to ask! Anyone know of a kydex holster maker other than Blade-Tech that makes holsters for Long dusk cover 2011's. Looking for one I can use in three gun and IDPA (I know) maybe a little carry etc. Thanks for any input.

Can't find any Bladetech's back here, too. So I was wondering if somebody knows a way to re-soften kydex (like the Uncle Mike's)? Figured if I can get it to soften then remould it to a long dust cover. Put the plastic in boiling water? <_<

http://shop.blade-tech.com/

You have to call them, though...just ordered a pair of drop/offset rigs for a 6" STI, and a standard holster for a Commander/STI. They arrived in 10 days, and fit very well. The drop/offset (at least playing on the range) is great for non-IPSC three-gun...even slid around the hip so I can drop prone with the rifle, it is still fast on the draw.

The Commander holster is for my carry gun...although Milt Sparks sent me a Summer Special II for the same gun a few days ago, so I have a choice :D

Alex

Thanks for the info guys. I knew this site would have someone that had a long-dust cover gun. I have a blade-tech for my 92 I may try the comp-tech for the SV. I use bulman gunleather for my daily carry holsters.

Does the comp-tech paddle's hold the gun closer to your body then the blade-tech paddle or belt holster?

If you got the guts,and a holster thats close(kydex)

Stuff your gun into it(as far as you can without breaking anything)get the heat gun and go to work.

As the plastic softens push it in to the desired depth.

Or buy bulk kydex and spend some time with an oven and closed cell foam.Make your own :D

People thought i bought my rig and when they found out i made it they wanted some too :D

Even a thin uncle mikes can be reformed,its cheap enough why not?

IM me for me info if needed

AL