Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Matt Cheely Class

There are times when one must reflect on their shooting progress and then take action to move forward. I was at that point after the 2007 Limited Nationals. Living with disappointment, not being able to sleep, experimenting with wine therapy etc...I realized that I needed to shoot with someone of greater experience to help develop my skills. My mind began to explore the possibilites of great shooters in the midwest who I could shoot with. Who could I get to come and shoot with me?? Matt Cheely was the first to come to my mind and I shot him an email and asked him to shoot with me. He willingly agreed and we decided that Spring 2008 would be a good time to get together to shoot. Spring 2008 turned into July 2008 and my one on one vision with Matt turned into a class of 7.

I am so grateful to Matt for coming to Indiana and spending some time with us. He did an awesome job running the class and giving good instruction. There are many people who can give instruction, but not many who can look at a student and correctly identify what that student is doing wrong. Matt is one of those individuals who can SEE what you are doing wrong and then instruct you in a way to help you correct it. I was very impressed with him. I would highly recommend him if you are looking for gun training in the Midwest!!!!

I wanted to thank my family who helped me greatly in hosting this class. My husband was the range master and did a brilliant job at preparing the range for the class, stocking water, watching the radar for rain, and grilling the food at the BBQ. Thanks honey!! :wub: Also thanks to Jackson my son, who made the video.

Please note...it was a HOT HOT HUMID day in Indiana. The morning started off in rain and that made for a tremendously humid day for Matt. Thanks Matt for putting up with the Indiana heat and giving us such a great class.

Check out our video below....be sure to wait for the blooper at the end. :lol:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7...86737&hl=en

Edited by Calamity Jane

Jane,

Thanks for the video and again for the invite. I feel like I learned a lot and I'm really looking forward to this weekends match to give it a try on my own.

Matt,

You did an awesome job. I appreciate your effort and time spent coming all the way down from Michigan to teach the class. You are a few years ahead of me (in age and experience), but watching you shoot as well as you do is very inspiring. I feel like I am looking at practical shooting in a different light and I like what I see.

~Nathan

:lol::lol:

Hey now, that's just mean.

LOL, now that is some funny stuff. I can see it now............

We have a special solo performance tonight on Dancing with the stars from..........

Matt Cheely :roflol::roflol:

Flyin

Hey Matt...maybe you can use those dance skills in Vegas??? :lol:

Don't let anyone tease ya Matt (including me)....you know how to dance with a gun pretty darn good. ;)

The main focus of the class in the afternoon was movement. Matt showed us some pretty good moves. Thanks Buddy!

Matt is one of the best at movement and we all know movement plays a huge part in this game. I swear he's a freak of nature, I'm usually pretty good at the stand and shoot drills with Matt but when it comes time to practice movement drills he smokes me every time.

I had the pleasure of shooting with Matt at the Single Stack classic this year, he definetly is smooth and fast, he looks slow like TGO but he doesn't waste any movement and gets the job done.

Hey Matt...maybe you can use those dance skills in Vegas??? :lol:

Don't let anyone tease ya Matt (including me)....you know how to dance with a gun pretty darn good. ;)

The main focus of the class in the afternoon was movement. Matt showed us some pretty good moves. Thanks Buddy!

I heard if you get Matt a few drinks he can really dance :surprise::roflol::cheers:

"I heard if you get Matt a few drinks he can really dance :surprise::roflol::cheers:"

LMAO!!!!!!! :roflol:

I have NO comment to that...at least not one I can say on a public forum! ;)

P.s. Thanks again! :D

No problem, had a great time hanging out. I was hoping you would catch this thread. :roflol::roflol:

Flyin