Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First IDPA match

rc2125

Got a break from bad weather and got to enjoy my first IDPA match in southwest Michigan yesterday. It was a great time and got the "first match jitters" outa the way. Everyone was very helpful and answered any questions that came up. Had some neat stages to run through, focused on making hits while concentrating on fundementals and got through it just fine! Can't wait for the next match!

• 2 weeks later...
Got a break from bad weather and got to enjoy my first IDPA match in southwest Michigan yesterday. It was a great time and got the "first match jitters" outa the way. Everyone was very helpful and answered any questions that came up. Had some neat stages to run through, focused on making hits while concentrating on fundementals and got through it just fine! Can't wait for the next match!

For me personally, I found that attending my first match was the most difficult. After I discovered how cool shooters tend to be, I love travelling around and shooting at new venues. Keep shooting and you'll find that the more you shoot the better you'll get. Wow... that was like so... insightful!

I find that I love hanging out with people that shoot. I feel it is the creme de la creme of friendly society!

Yes- it is addictive for sure. Welcome to the desease! I still get the heart pounding in my chest before the first buzzer of the day. You're fighting your adrenaline to stay calm and relaxed.