Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why is my powder charge getting hung up on my 650?

I installed a kiss bullet feeder, all seemed well loading 9mm with Tightgroup and with the bullet feeder I was rocking. Till I got a squib every 30 rounds or so. Too bad I loaded up ~2000 rounds I can’t trust. So I slowed down and watched every power charge go in and all seemed well for a few hundred rounds, but today I caught the machine in the act of leaving the case empty, or with only a few specs of powder, every few cases or so.

Any ideas what’s wrong and how to fix it.

I installed a kiss bullet feeder, all seemed well loading 9mm with Tightgroup and with the bullet feeder I was rocking. Till I got a squib every 30 rounds or so. Too bad I loaded up ~2000 rounds I can’t trust. So I slowed down and watched every power charge go in and all seemed well for a few hundred rounds, but today I caught the machine in the act of leaving the case empty, or with only a few specs of powder, every few cases or so.

Any ideas what’s wrong and how to fix it.

I sent you a message. Please reply.

I sent you a message. Please reply.

Thanks for the reply. After I wrote my original message I had to change calibers over to .40 and didn’t have my bullet feeder installed on that tool head yet. While setting up my .40 I noticed the fail safe rod was loose. I just switched back to 9mm and tightened up the fail safe rod and reloaded 7-800 rounds. So far it looks like the problem is solved. Thanks again for the support, aside from what looks like a rookie reloading error, the bullet feeder works great.

Making sure the safety rod is properly adjusted is critical to the proper functioning of the powder drop as you've noted. Another action that you can take to help is to double a thick rubber band arround the base of the powder funnel and the stud on the powder charge bar behind it. This helps the bar snap back in a controlled and consistent manner.