Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IPSC in Germany?

I will be traveling to North Germany soon. Are there any German clubs in the Dusseldorph area where I could observe (and maybe borrow a gun and some gear)? I will be there for three months or so and would like to find a club if I can.

I will be traveling to North Germany soon. Are there any German clubs in the Dusseldorph area where I could observe (and maybe borrow a gun and some gear)? I will be there for three months or so and would like to find a club if I can.

I did a little research through Google and found a German-language shooting forum where somebody asked a similar question.

Apparently, there's a shooting center in Langenfeld, near Düsseldorf. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Langenfeld,_Rhineland

The city has a web site (http://www.langenfeld.de/) and although the "sport-shooting" center is mentioned, there's no link to a web site.

I could not find anything on the Internet for the shooting center, but there was a team called IPSC Langenfeld that won a big match.

Team members:

Böhm, Dietmar

Thiesen, Winfried

Meißner, Michael

Hinz, Tilo

The contact address for the city is:

Stadt Langenfeld/Rhld.

Der Bürgermeister

Konrad-Adenauer-Platz 1

40764 Langenfeld

Telefon: (49) 02173/794-0

Telefax: (49) 02173/794-11201

E-Mail: info@langenfeld.de

Internet:

www.langenfeld.de

For starters, I would contact the city and ask about "Schießsportanlagen" Somebody there will be able to read/write English.

If can be of help, you can contact me privately at sdgraham@duckswild.com

Viel Spaß

Hello,

I can offer you the Magnum Guys in Düsseldorf, you can find them here.

They have a pretty nice indoor range and I know that you can borrow some guns/gear/ammo there. The homepage is just german, so here is the E-Mail Addy. :cheers:

Depending on the time-frame for you visit, you should take a look to this Page, the german IPSC.

There you can find dates of matches comming here in Germany. Only german, sorry about that. But you can also find some stuff in the calendar at the official international IPSC Homepage, here.

If that is cool with your schedule, feel free to visit Philippsburg, where some of the best german matched are being held. We just had TJ here, as a guest to participate at the German nationals. You should inform yourself.

Hope you`ll enjoy Germany.

By the way: If there are any questions left, please contact me and I will help you out.

DVC

Benjamin

Hello,

I can offer you the Magnum Guys in Düsseldorf, you can find them here.

They have a pretty nice indoor range and I know that you can borrow some guns/gear/ammo there. The homepage is just german, so here is the E-Mail Addy. :cheers:

Depending on the time-frame for you visit, you should take a look to this Page, the german IPSC.

There you can find dates of matches comming here in Germany. Only german, sorry about that. But you can also find some stuff in the calendar at the official international IPSC Homepage, here.

If that is cool with your schedule, feel free to visit Philippsburg, where some of the best german matched are being held. We just had TJ here, as a guest to participate at the German nationals. You should inform yourself.

Hope you`ll enjoy Germany.

By the way: If there are any questions left, please contact me and I will help you out.

DVC

Benjamin

Thanks for the information. I will try some of these ideas. I have never been to Germany, but plan to see as much as I can while I am there.

• 1 month later...

I am in Herborn, Germany now. I understand that there will be a level three match on 4 October, 2008. I have talked to Mr.Gerhard Schiefke at Dusseldorf Magnum shooters. He told me where to sign up for the match. It is a trophy match. Does anyone know how a trophy match works? I would like to hear more about it before I sign up.

Hurley

Hurley,

the match refering too is called "NRW - Trophy"

It is a regular level III IPSC handgunmatch.

You can sign up and shoot the match.

As shooter you shoot al stages at one day so sunday is usualy filled up rapidly.

In case you win, you wil get a nice "Trophy" besides your presidents medal.

Greetings

Adrie

• 1 month later...

I shot the match last Saturday in Düsseldorf. The range owner loaned me a gun and gear, and everyone made me feel like I was at my home club! It was an awesome experience! The folks at Magnum Shooters of Düsseldorf are great and they have a first class indoor range.

Thanks, Hurley

I'm not sure if this is the place to post this, but here goes.

I was lucky enough to be squadded with great guy at the IPSC WSXIV in Ecuador in 2005, Hartmut Tepper, a German fellow who at that time lived in Berlin.

I would love to catch up with him again by email, however, after a few emails back and forth after the WSXIV, I have heard nothing from him.

If any of our German friends could let me know what has happened to Hartmut or could put me in contact with him, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Edited by Stats770

HRider - you should take a bunch of photos and write an article for Front Sight. Tell us all the details, like how you met them, where you went, what gun you used, and if any had 'Obama' or 'McCain' stickers on their vehicles....

[i only took a few pictures of the squad that I was on and some of the guys outside of the building. They didn't say that I couldn't video or take pictures of people shooting, but they were concerned that if politicians were to see them that they may try to use them in a negative way. As a fellow shooter and as nice as these people were to me, I wouldn't even ask to take pictures of stages. As far as a gun, the range owner loaned me an SVI limited (er standard) gun in 9mm with three hi-caps, and C-R speed gear (I can't blame my poor finish on the equipment) I usually shoot Limited 10 at home, so going to the line with 18 plus 1 was cool. It was definitely a day I will not forget. Several of the people spoke very good English (this is good for me, my Deutsch is nitch gut), one man is a German Army Intelligence officer with over thirty years of service. He was very cool to talk to. One of the Range Officers has been to the US several times and has his own Bluegrass band. It was a lot like being at a match at home. The same thing holds true in Germany as I have found in the US, some of the nicest people that I have ever met was through shooting.

Hurley