Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

rear sight pin walking out

slavex

so I've noticed the last few practices that the pin that my rear sight pivots on, is loose, and is now walking out. Why? and even then I push it back it, it keeps on trucking out. from right to left everytime. I haven't had it fall out, but that's just a matter of time. so how do I get this thing to stay in?????????????

and are our new FO sights ready yet? what about grips for the SII!!??????????????????

I was talking about the need for a new thinner front sight for the tanfoglio at a match yesterday...I think I will just use my plain sight for testing, and try to take off some material from the sides. very little material to remove. I just need to get it a little thinner. If that works I will do the same for my FO front sight.

I haven't experienced the rear pin walking out. You could try putting it in dirty,..or maybe some clear nail polish lightly on it....?

so I've noticed the last few practices that the pin that my rear sight pivots on, is loose, and is now walking out. Why? and even then I push it back it, it keeps on trucking out. from right to left everytime. I haven't had it fall out, but that's just a matter of time. so how do I get this thing to stay in?????????????

and are our new FO sights ready yet? what about grips for the SII!!??????????????????

Just stake it in Rob. Gently mind you, on both sides. Then it will neve come out again unless you deliberately drift it out.