Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The fastest and most accurate shot group today was....

...fired from close range at lightning speed DEAD center of the hands identifying it as a no shoot.

/sigh

Note to self: Do NOT expect to remember target layout. DO I.D. targets before wasting a SWEET shot group on a no shoot.

End of note.

:rolleyes:

I love this game...

Congratulations on the good shooting and condolences on the target selection.

A search in the forum might flesh this out -- but from somewhere in my past, there was a theory that people subconsciously/unconsciously focus on something, like hands on a target or a gun on the photo targets and shoot that hand/gun. Kind of a tunnel vision thing. Similar to seeing a pothole while driving and driving into it rather than steering around it. Or running off the road and hitting the only tree in the entire meadow. Happens. But can be minimized.

Keep enjoying the the game.

Brother Dan,

People do wackey stuff under stress.

Now couple the stress with a little sleep deprivation..... and you will see some shite that you will not believe!

No biggie dude.

Like the guy in the olympic games shooting his supposed winning shot....on the other guys target(Thank you very much!)

" THere are 2 kinds of people in this world...those that have crossfired and those that are going to!" Ed Gross

JK

Dan,

Did that happen to be at a match in Copperas Cove, today??

If so, I have your target at my house. It is indeed a nice group. :cheers: If not you, someone else in Central Texas did the same thing you did. So don't feel too bad :roflol:

Edited by baerburtchell

Dan,

If so, I have your target at my house. It is indeed a nice group. :cheers: If not you, someone else in Central Texas did the same thing you did. So don't feel too bad :roflol:

LoL!

Yup. That's the one Paul.

Saturday ended my "no procedurals" streak and was the first match I whacked a no shoot. Tough day. :)

Must...destroy...the evidence...

Dan,

LoL!

Yup. That's the one Paul.

Saturday ended my "no procedurals" streak and was the first match I whacked a no shoot. Tough day. :)

Must...destroy...the evidence...

Well Dan, at least all that 25 yard practice you've been doing definitely helped your accuracy. It was a very nice group. :rolleyes: I had a tough day at the office too. Got a procedural on the shoothouse for not shooting from behind cover and the Texas Star stage kicked my butt. At least I shot fairly well on the 4 Postal Match stages.

It was interesting to see how many folks shot the weapons painted on the target. I think alot of folks were focusing on the "threat" and not the Zero zone on the IDPA target.

I'll bring the "no shoot" target you nailed out to Weber's range and you can dispose of it properly :roflol:

By the way, welcome to the forum. There are alot of BE forum members here in Central Texas.

Edited by baerburtchell

At least I shot fairly well on the 4 Postal Match stages.

My only saving grace is that I made the WORST mistakes on the alt stages as well.

the Texas Star stage kicked my butt

I have this theory about the "star of woe". I always try to be the dude to reset it, that way I can talk to it, show it respect, and dispel any hate that it may have towards me so that when I'm up it goes, "Hey, that's the nice feller that's always looking out for me, I'll let HIM hit my plates for SURE!" :)

So far so good.

I'll bring the "no shoot" target you nailed out to Weber's range and you can dispose of it properly

I will have lighter and gasoline ready sir.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice group indeed. i remember going thru a tactical shooting course and 80% of shooters shot the 'witness'. True to comments above, most no shoots are shot in the badge or cell phone in hand. Very realistic as we've seen the same thing while doing Simunition training: guys' hands and guns are the most likely thing to be shot. Target fixation maybe.

snip...
the Texas Star stage kicked my butt

I have this theory about the "star of woe". I always try to be the dude to reset it, that way I can talk to it, show it respect, and dispel any hate that it may have towards me so that when I'm up it goes, "Hey, that's the nice feller that's always looking out for me, I'll let HIM hit my plates for SURE!" :)

So far so good.

I believe that makes you

The "Texas Star" Wisperer .

Glad to meet you

miranda