Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

In Congress Assembled

AikiDale

After voting for independence on July 2, Congress turned its attention to the declaration. Over several days of debate, Congress made a number of alterations to the text, including adding the wording of Lee's resolution of independence to the conclusion. The text of the declaration was approved by Congress on July 4 and sent off to be printed.

John Adams wrote his wife Abigail on July 3:

The second day of July, 1776, will be the most memorable epoch in the history of America. I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the great anniversary festival. It ought to be commemorated as the day of deliverance, by solemn acts of devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires, and illuminations, from one end of this continent to the other, from this time forward forever more.

From Wikipedia

...From Wikipedia

John Adams wrote his wife Abigail on July 3:

The second day of July, 1776, will be the most memorable epoch in the history of America. I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the great anniversary festival. It ought to be commemorated as the day of deliverance, by solemn acts of devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires, and illuminations, from one end of this continent to the other, from this time forward forever more.

As a confirmed flag waver, this gets me pumped up :cheers:

thanks for the post Dale

dj

Did the guns part today! That Adams guy has some good quotes.

Me Too!!!!!! Damned its great to be an American!!!!!!!! A big "Thank You" to our Founding Fathers and the men and women who protect what we have.

Happy 4th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!