Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Frame mounted firing pin

whizz

Is the frame mounted firing pin the same for L and N frames or is it different items?

Want to get a spare one and I am not sure which one to order. Have been looking at Brownells site.

Any other suitable places they can be found?

Also where do I find a MIM hammer for a N-frame at the best rate?

Conny

Edited by whizz

Is the frame mounted firing pin the same for L and N frames or is it different items?

Want to get a spare one and I am not sure which one to order. Have been looking at Brownells site.

Conny

For the hammer - Brownell's or eGunparts.com.

Conny

Where are you located? It has to do with the hammer question.

Conny

Apex tactical (Randy Lee) for the firing pin

Edited by underlug

Thanks for all the answers.

Think I will stick to Brownells.

Have heard different opinions about Numrich. Some people say their parts are bad quality and some say they work just fine.

RoundGunShooter, I live in Scandinavia. Would a 625 hammer for a FMFP be different here than in the US? And if so, why?

Thanks for all the answers.

Think I will stick to Brownells.

Have heard different opinions about Numrich. Some people say their parts are bad quality and some say they work just fine.

RoundGunShooter, I live in Scandinavia. Would a 625 hammer for a FMFP be different here than in the US? And if so, why?

I thought you were out of the US. The problem is because of our Patriot act I can not send you a hammer. (or so I have been informed) I do not think Brownell or Numrich will send one either. I am not sure if Randy will send you anything either.

If you or a friend are planning a trip to the US, send me a PM or e mail. I have hammers and pins and you can bring them home. If I don't have them, S&W is only 2 hours driving time from me.

Regards,