Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Claybuster Red 8's

mwx40x40

A friend of mine gave me a bag of Claybuster Red 8 wads. There were a few loads listed on the bag, but not with any of the powders I had on hand. I was hoping someone may know of some loads for the materials I have on hand.

The components I have are AA hulls, Win 209 primers, #8 shot, CLAYS , HS6, HS7, and WSF powders.

Any suggestions?

A friend of mine gave me a bag of Claybuster Red 8 wads.
Need a bit more info. Red 8 doesn't ring a bell.

Claybuster part numbers go along the line of CB-1118-12 which is the clone for the Win WAA12 wad. Go to www.claybusterwads.com and see what you have. The claybuster part number is in yellow and the manufacturers part number that is was cloned after is in white.

Once you know what clone you have you can then interchange them one for one for the OEM wads in loading data.

A friend of mine gave me a bag of Claybuster Red 8 wads.
Need a bit more info. Red 8 doesn't ring a bell.

Claybuster part numbers go along the line of CB-1118-12 which is the clone for the Win WAA12 wad. Go to www.claybusterwads.com and see what you have. The claybuster part number is in yellow and the manufacturers part number that is was cloned after is in white.

Once you know what clone you have you can then interchange them one for one for the OEM wads in loading data.

Did not see anything on label in yellow or white, but I did find this: Model# CB3118-12AR

Application : Straight wall hulls such as Fed, & Fiocchi.

Suppose these are the same a Remington Fig 8 wads? I will visit the Claybuster website and see what I can find.

Looked around and couldn't find any data with the components you have on hand.

Alliant has a couple loads that look interesting. 1 1/8oz, AA hull, Win 209 primer, Fed 12C1 wad and the stated amount of Red Dot gets the pressures where they should be in 2 3/4 and 3 dram loads. For 3 dram Green Dot looks promising.

A pound of powder will net around 400 rounds so get a pound and load it up.