Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

dual port comp kit fromm EAA

I am interested in converting my old 38 super to a open gun and was wondering if anyone used the compped barrels from EAA ?

is it a drop in set up or is fitting required by a smith? if it is a drop in set up $229 seams like a good deal

any info would be great

I am interested in converting my old 38 super to a open gun and was wondering if anyone used the compped barrels from EAA ?

is it a drop in set up or is fitting required by a smith? if it is a drop in set up $229 seams like a good deal

any info would be great

One of the great things about these guns are all the options from the factory.

Yes it is a drop in, but you might need a gun smith anyway. Meaning, it “drops in” in most guns.

You can also buy a complete top with slide from eaa. Then you are getting the cone barrel, and its not gonna be all that different from a “gold team”

Last option, you can ask Henning to build you an open top on your present barrel and slide. The prices are pretty good!

olp

Most of the kits drop in very easily with no work, just make sure to tell them exactly what gun you have... I don't think you can get entire bull barrel top ends like the Gold Team in the US, closest you are going to get is a straight barrel and a screw on comp that you take off to remove the barrel from the gun. The lucky Europeans get all the nice stuff and probably the Canadians.

Leo

Most of the kits drop in very easily with no work, just make sure to tell them exactly what gun you have... I don't think you can get entire bull barrel top ends like the Gold Team in the US, closest you are going to get is a straight barrel and a screw on comp that you take off to remove the barrel from the gun. The lucky Europeans get all the nice stuff and probably the Canadians.

Leo

Yes, we Canadians are very lucky. EAA seems disinclined to support the very products they import whereas, our Canadian Importer (Freedom Ventures in Halifax) can get pretty much anything we need for us. If Henning can't get it for you, you might try them. It would cost more than EAA's price, but then, a great price on something that is never available isn't really worth a lot.

Chances are pretty good that the barrel/comp would drop right in, but most likely the best way to go would be to order a complete top end.