Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

VVN350 COAL

cheers623

Hey guys,

I have done the search button thing on using Vit. n350 as a powder for .38 super/supercomp. I am developing a load for my gun using this powder and have found a lot of great info BUT.....most people's post don't list the case overall length. Right now I am using Starline .38 supercomp brass, Federal small rifle primers, Montana gold 124 gr. CMJ, 7.8 gr of n350, and loading at 1.260". My question is: I am having problems with live ejecting at this length and was wondering if anyone tries this recipe at 1.240"? Would this cause too much pressure? The case looks pretty full with 7.8gr of n350. Also, can I use winchester small pistol primers instead of rifle primers? Please share your n350 recipe in .38 supercomp.

Thanks a million.......cheers623

DVC

I'd have to go look it up but I think you could easily shorten it up. 1.200" seems to stick in my head when I used MG JHP's in 38 supercomp.

I don't think you will see any pressure signs but try 1 or 2 just to make sure first.

I'd have to go look it up but I think you could easily shorten it up. 1.200" seems to stick in my head when I used MG JHP's in 38 supercomp.

I don't think you will see any pressure signs but try 1 or 2 just to make sure first.

Though not 38 Super, I do load 9 Major with VV N350 and MG 124 gr JHP to an OAL of 1.195". Very reliable in my gun and very accurate. They chrono to a 170 PF.

Bill

I use 1.225 OAL for both 38 Super & SuperComp and N350. Used this with MG 124 and now using Zero 125. I suggest dropping the powder charge and working up the load again rather than just shortening the the OAL with the same powder charge.

Used Winchester Small Rifle primers for years, recently switched to Winchester small pistol because I could not find any Winchester Small Rifle.