Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IRC Thanks

Words can not express the generosity that has been shown to me and my family by those attending the IRC.

Here is a brief synopsis of what transpired at the IRC last year and this year by those shooting and running this great match.

Last year Mr. Rich Richards won an Smith & Wesson 686+ 6” and out of the blue he called my son Louis to the front of the Stage(?) and gave him the gun and asked him to return to the IRC and shoot as a Jr. It snowballed from there, in the last year many persons heard about that act of generosity and have contributed to Louis to forward his dream of shooting in the greatest revolver match in the world. Those persons include in alphabetical order Doug Carden, Mike Carmoney, Nelson Colon, Barbara Hayden of Starline Brass, Dave Hearth of Hearthco, Pat Hogue of Hogue Grips, Randy Lee of Apex Tachtical, Bob Perdue of North Mountain Moonclip Holders, Vic Pickett of ADCO, Joe Procopio of TechWearUSA, and Cliff Walsh. With the biggest thanks going to Rich Richards.

Louis practiced hard this last year with the idea of shooting with the best revolver shooters in the world at the IRC and he did. He put in his best effort and even put on a good show with his reloading skills in the shoot off.

Not to be left out, my nephew Aaron, wanted to shoot and when Cliff Walsh loaned his 627 to my brother Paul to shoot because he was to be in Norway and the Czech Republic shooting, Paul decided to have Aaron shoot his GP100. Rich was told of this and he sent a 686+ to Aaron to shoot instead of the GP100. Mike Carmoney gave it a action job and we were set.

Originally our plan was for Sydney to share my 625 in the IRC, until I went to load the ammunition. I was going to be short of ammunition as she shot it in the Bianchi Cup and used up a lot of ammunition practicing for that match and I could not get bullets before the match to load. The decision was made to have her shoot Louis's gun as I had enough ammunition for both Louis and Sydney. When we arrived in Morro Bay some of my friends found out that Sydney and Louis were going to share a gun. At that point we had no less than 8 persons offer to have Sydney shoot either their limited or open guns. Sydney opted to shoot a 7 shot 686+ that Ivan loaned us for the match. She took 3rd in Junior Limited. No other group of shooters would loan their firearm to a unknown shooter, especially a junior, except revolver shooters.

When the awards ceremony was under way Rich Richards did it again. TWICE.

First, Aaron won the Jr. Shoot off and when he was presented with the award, Rich informed everyone that he was giving the 686+ he had loaded him several months before.

Second, there was a former lady IRC shooter that had a pair of 627 revolvers and she wished to give them to some lady shooters. Rich along with Nelson Dymond, the Match Director, made the decision to award both pistols to Jr Lady shooters. My daughter Sydney and an 11 year old first time shooter named Molly were the recipients of this largess. Along with the revolvers came a action job from Randy Lee, grips and holster from Hogue, and moon clips from Hearthco

Thanks again for making this the best major match anyone could attend.

And we'll be back!

Watch out Jerry, Louis and Aaron are practicing.

Edited by ffl

That's a really cool story! I had a great time at this match, the match and the people were top notch, not to mention the location. It's worth it to go just to be where the match is, let alone the fact that you get a great shooting experience out of it.

I would like to thank my sponsor, Bob Perdue, all-around great guy, great shooter, and owner/proprieter of North Mountain Moonclip Holders. If you need something to hold moonclips, Bob's the man to go to. He has a great product and he's one of us.

Rob is right,

All the sponsors need to be thanked, and for those who were there, please remember to email or write a letter of thanks to the sponsors of the match, even if it is only the company that donated what you took from the prize table. It will help the organisers of next years IRC to defend the matches position in the calendar when asking the industry to support the match in the future. The IRC is quickly becoming one of the biggest matches of the year, and the only way to keep it growing is to assist the people who make this match a success, and the easiest way is to recognise the people in the industry who have and continue to support us.

Also remember, if you order anything from Dillon, use the code on the front of the Blue Press, as suggested by the Dillon guys. That is how they track where their business is generated from.

Gracias

Mark :cheers: