Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

HDNews - we're gonna be on TV in HD!

jimbob_texas

Last night, Catfish, thegirl, Kearsage and I were interviewed by HDNews' Jade Kurian. We spent a couple of hours shooting various video and talking about shooting sports. Look for a more in-depth interview with thegirl - they miked her up and chatted for quite a while. She was pretty focused - Catfish and I tried our best to distract her. :goof: I asked how/why they contacted us, and Jade told me that she'd seen our segment that aired on Fox News' "Lone Star Adventures" from almost 2 years ago, and she Googled us up and sent us an email. That was on Tuesday, and we did the shoot on Wednesday.

HDNews is only available on Dish Network, apparently, so I for one probably won't see it there. She said that if they created a file she'd send the final to me. Otherwise, it might show up on their website one day.

From all appearances, it was a positive spin on shooting, perhaps focusing on CHL or somesuch, branching out to the shooting sports as a way of improving shooting skills and/or confidence. The reporter even shot (after careful instruction from Catfish), and the camera guy got in on the action.

The only tense moment for me was when the camera guy (Nigel) wanted to put his expensive HD camera BEHIND (and to the side of) a steel popper, and film me shooting that and a couple of other USPSA targets. I told him I was nervous about that, because if I got a partial hit on that steel, I'd probably kill his camera. He told me it was insured, but the deductible was kind of high - $50,000!!! Fortunately, it went off without a hitch, and I didn't shoot the $100,000 HD camera.

Special thanks to Kearsage and Catfish for following through on it and setting it up. It was fun.

I think it turned out pretty good - I had spent a good deal of time with Jade talking about the two games we shoot at our club - USPSA/IDPA - but it looks like they boiled it down to "practical shooting", which is OK with me - I still think the story does a really good job of talking about what we do....