Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking For A .40 Sw Load With Wap

Tokarev

Here is what I used for years before switching to jacketed, 5.5 gr WAP, 200 gr D&J, Win small pistol primer, loaded to 1.190. SV Infinity with standard barrel, heavy dust cover and heavy contour slide, running a 14# spring. If I remember correctly is was about 170 power factor. Hope this helps. Too bad they quit making WAP, I like it alot.

Thanks, Herky. I'll give this a try. I'm actually going to try some Ramshot Silhouette. Western Powders says it's made for them by the same place that made WAP for Winchester and is, for all intents and purposes, the same powder.

I too miss the Win Action Pistol powder. Too bad they dropped it, I can't believe Winchester will do such a thing because that powder was just getting into heavy use by IPSC shooters. I think the demand is not as much as their sales in WSF. Well I happen to have an old reloading data for WAP from Winchester. The data is the same as what they are posting in Ramshot for the Silhouette powder, same weight in bullets and loads and exact pressure listing. Hmmmm, me thinks kimosave is right. Josh

Maybe by the time I'm done with the 15 pounds of WAP I have tucked away, there will be something even better. I also like the price of the Winchester powders as compared to several available other brands. If the info is right, you should be very close with that load. Good luck.

Guys, FWIW, I spoke to brass(pardon the pun!) at Western Powders about Sillhouette/WAP about a year ago and it is the same powder. I am on my second 8lber of it and it chronos identical to the old WAP packaging, running it in my 10mm loads. Great stuff!