Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New G34, off center light strikes

safenate

Guys, i bought a G34 recently and have been working up several loads. Yesterday i took another half dozen to the indoor to run over the chrono. This is my fourth glock and i've shot dozens. The G34 only has about 500 rounds since i got it a few weeks ago, plus previous owner. I pulled the trigger and could feel a sliding motion and a light 'tap', but no bang. I ejected the round and found a light, off center primer strike. The strike wasn't on the perimeter of the primer, but at least midway between the center and outside of the primer. i rechambered and it fired fine. Any thoughts? Thanks.

What pound recoil spring do you have in the gun? Have you customized the gun in any way? It could have been a primer that wasn't seated all the way, I've had that happen to mine, now I double check each round when I case guage my ammo. Good luck, the G34 is a great firearm and I hope that you get the bugs worked out. Dan :cheers:

If it only did it once, write it off to a bad round. But, If your slide is moving slightly as you pull the trigger, it means the recoil spring is too light and not holding it in battery.

If you have a progressive rate recoil spring, chuck it and get the stock one.

As far as i know there have been no mods, sights only. i put in a lightning strike captured guiderod with standard spring. I had some light strikes on rifle primers (burning up old primers when i ran out of pistol primers and noting velocity differences).

I hope this is a fluke. I would like to put a lightning strike steel striker in, but don't know if that would make things better or worse or just different.

bonus round: Comments on Universal vs. V320 vs. Bullseye vs. Titegroup vs. ? for 9mm minor (115 MT Gold), 40 major (165 MT Gold) & 45 major (200 MT Gold)? Thanks