Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pact Model 1 on the fritz

She just stopped picking up rounds over the screens. Read out is ok: "ready". Connections seem good and the wires are all intact. Sensors look good and neither box nor screens have been banged up. Fresh batter - no difference.

Any forehead smacking, "of course, I shoulda known that..." insights before I call Pact?

:unsure:

Check that the skyscreen lens are clean. My Pact quits working when they get dirty, or spiders start webbing up the slots.

I also had one cable go bad. It would cut out if the wire was moved.

Edited by wide45

• 1 year later...

I also have a Pact I unit and for years have had only sporadic luck with it actually reading the bullet velocity, and, like yours, it read "ready" all the time. I contacted Pact a couple of years ago and they told me clean the screens, check that the cables are not frayed and are inserted tightly in your unit, make sure the cables are separated, and protect the unit from the blast effect from the barrel which I did with a three inch layer of foam on all four sides. I have done all of this and still it didn't work. I returned the unit to Pact, and they checked it out and returned it to me. It still didn't work. I then returned the unit with the sky screens to Pact. They replaced one "reader" and returned everything to me. Guess what....it still didn't work. So, I stopped messing with it and bought a Pro chronograph (I think that's the name of it) for a hundred bucks a year ago and it works absolutely every time in any sky condition from cloudy, to bright and sunny, to low light evenings and mornings. My suggestion to you is to pack your Pact I away, or give it to a friend to mess with, and buy one of the newer chronographs out there. This will save you hours of frustration and, not to mention, precious primers.

Good luck