Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Forced down time

carinab

I kinda had an unexpected issue pop up that culminated into cauterization and stitches. Now I'm down for two weeks restricted to not doing "anything" physical. No yoga, no CF WOD, nada, zip....I can walk albeit rather slowly. At least I don't have to worry about putting on weight....I'm on a liquid diet for another week. Anyone have any good soup recipes? Did I mention that I'm supposed to go to a huge smörgåsbord at the Swedish Consulate's next weekend? Guess I'll stare longingly at the salmon and meatballs and mentally pretend to eat them. My folks are arriving tomorrow for a 3 week visit and I'm supposed to play tour guide. I have a house to clean, laundry to do, grocery shopping, and the kiddo is out of school. I hate sitting on my duff unable to do much. I'm a woman of action! Harumph!!! :angry2: At least I can still dryfire...uh and load ammo. <_<

There are always things to do. Most of them matter less than we think they do.

Embrace the down time.

Get better.

That's something I need to learn to do. I'm so schedule driven these days that any little kink gets me bent out of shape.

Carina, I hope you heal up soon! I just had an oral surgery today and am on 'soft food only'. Boo!

~Mitch