Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm conversion for a Glock 35

JD45

A guy at the range let me shoot his Glock 35 with a 9mm conversion barrel made by Federal(no longer made). It shot great, and I asked all about changing ejectors and things. He says that it's not necessary. His gun runs as close to perfect as his other Glocks just dropping in the barrel and not touching anything.

Anyone else have good results doing the above?

If it works,I'm thinking that a Glock 35 or 22 and a 9mm conversion barrel would be the ultimate poor man's competition package. You could shoot every practical pistol sport out there.

The main reason I posted this is because I noticed Dillon selling a Lone Wolf conversion barrel for the Glock 22 for 100 bucks.

Edited by JD45

40/9 caliber conversions are fun to plink with. Turns a great practical pistol into a great range gun. Hey, shooting is shooting. 9's are cheaper to play with too. Just not something you find in USPSA "tool bags".

Jim M

A guy at the range let me shoot his Glock 35 with a 9mm conversion barrel made by Federal(no longer made). It shot great, and I asked all about changing ejectors and things. He says that it's not necessary. His gun runs as close to perfect as his other Glocks just dropping in the barrel and not touching anything.

Anyone else have good results doing the above?

Yes, I run the EFK Firedragon 9mm conversion barrel in my G35. It's a good gun for a conversion, same extractor will work well for .40 and 9mm. Ejector seems to work no problem. You do need to buy 9mm magazines.