Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

big stick only holds 22 rounds

Harmon

I just don't know any more. (I've been shooting Production for too long now.)

The older style FML mags probably went to 23 +1....perhaps one more with an non-FML.

The Novak Handgunner Outlet +1 follower likely helped.

What caliber, and what kind of base pads are you running ?

I used to use Taylor Freelances in an Open G-24 and I could get 23 + 1 reliably. Never pushed it to 24.

Be sure and de-burr the inside of all your mags to ensure the followers arent sticking.

The SJC 170mm hold 29. They take a 31 factory, cut it down a bit and add on an Arredondo base pad. I have made a few myself this way. If you add an Arredondo base pad to a 17 round mag it should hold 23.

What caliber, and what kind of base pads are you running ?

I used to use Taylor Freelances in an Open G-24 and I could get 23 + 1 reliably. Never pushed it to 24.

Be sure and de-burr the inside of all your mags to ensure the followers arent sticking.

I have 4 Taylor big-sticks.....40 cal functions perfect with 24+1, 9mm goes 28+1

I did find that the capacity was down by 1 with brand-new springs.

im up to 23 rounds now, brand new tube with a follower marked "8"

reloadable at 23.. a damn sight better than a non reloadable 22 rounder...or worst yet. only 20 rounds with one tube/follower combo.

harmon

Mine fails to feed after a round or two....still. Maybe the reloads and not the mag? Got a couple brand new tubes and current followers to try. I'll sacrifice a round of capacity for one that runs.

Jim M

• 2 months later...