Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lead Swc Bullets In 40

mike4045

Anyone else have trouble getting the bullets to function? I recently bought 2,000 155 gr bullets to try. I have not been able to get them to run. I am loading them to 1.125 oal. They are feeding about half way and hanging up. Some are getting stuck under the slide stop, and having to pry the bullets out. Others will fall out when you pull the mag, and some I can tap the slide and they will feed.

The gun will run all weights, but the 155 SWC bullets. It will run the 155 gr RNWC.

Mike

I ran into too many problems trying to get SWC's to run in both my G24 and G20 both with aftermarket barrels (Bar-sto in G20 and KKM in G24). The problem I found was that if you seat them out for proper length then I was having problems with the SCW shoulder being out too far which would hit the lead of the rifiling and the slide would not fully close. When I seated the bullet deeper so the round would chamber fully it was too short OAL and I would have problems with feeding.

I just gave up on the SWC's in my glocks and used them for my 10mm revolver mostly but found they would work in my Tangfoglio in 40.