Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magazines to Stock II

Fingun

Hello

I've been shooting my Stock II for couple of weeks now... and LOVE the gun!! but... I need more mags. Many shops in US sell magazines like this:

----------------------------------------------------------

EAA Witness Full Size 9MM 16 Round Magazine Blue

Manufactures Number: 101900

EA9M 16rds 9MM #101900

--------------------------------------------------------

Does these fit to my small frame pistol (mags = 1.250" x 0.800")... or do I have to look for something else... and were can I get those. Henning sells small frame factory mags... but they have aluminum pads.... and far as I now... stock II doesen't have a real magwell (small one.. yes). Are these going to stick out of the frame.. whitout real magwell? and what about the IPSC production rules... if these aluminum pads extend mag capacity??

Thanks

Yes, they (EAA Witness Full Size 9MM 16 Round Magazine Blue) will fit your gun.

Yes, the pad on the mags mentioned on Hennings page will stick out of the frame and increase the capacity with one round.

Therefore, not production legal.

Yes, the pad on the mags mentioned on Hennings page will stick out of the frame and increase the capacity with one round.

Thanks! So... EAA Witness has the same "small frame" as the Stock II. I hope that Henning could get/make those chrome mags whit normal basepad.

Thanks! So... EAA Witness has the same "small frame" as the Stock II. I hope that Henning could get/make those chrome mags whit normal basepad.

try these guys:

http://skyttebutik.dk/group.asp?group=298

I am sure they ship to Findland! :)

Edited by olp73

could someone measure their mag lip spacing for me? I think mine are spreading a bit. .368 being the max spread in them. one is .352. I had nothing but problems with my gun at the match I co-MD'd this past Sunday. tons of failures to feed.

could someone measure their mag lip spacing for me? I think mine are spreading a bit. .368 being the max spread in them. one is .352. I had nothing but problems with my gun at the match I co-MD'd this past Sunday. tons of failures to feed.

What kind of failures Rob? Nose up...nose down?

would nose down be too weak of a mag spring, and /or not a good enough bend in the upper coil? (or loaded long enough to rub against the inside front of the mag body).....Nose up would be too wide of feed lips and /or too aggressive of bend in the upper mag spring coil..!?

would nose down be too weak of a mag spring, and /or not a good enough bend in the upper coil? (or loaded long enough to rub against the inside front of the mag body).....Nose up would be too wide of feed lips and /or too aggressive of bend in the upper mag spring coil..!?

Exactly. Nose down could also be from just plain dirty mags, but I would doubt that's the case with Rob. The aggressive bend in the mag spring would be unlikely to cause issues if the feed lips are correct. I'm at work so I don't want to commit to a dimension on the lips until I can get a set of calipers on them or just check my notes, but I WANT to say .350" parallel is right, but my memory ain't always what I remember it to be.

If the lips are pinched in at the front they can cause diving issues also. Additionally, I have been experimenting with hollow point bullets in mine (though they are large frame) and having diving issues due to the extra surface area of the truncated nose creating greater nose-drag in the mags. For now I've gone back to round nose, and I'll see if I can discover a "magic" length later when I don't have to do my R&D at a major match.

Diving can also come from follower issues, or brass issues. Bulged rims can cause nose diving in a big way, and tapered (9mm) cases have a tendency to rim lock in the mags anyway, which causes diving as well. So the ammo has to be good. Again, with Rob being who he is I would suspect the lips are spreading. Too many concrete floors at his club.

Nose up usually relates to release point being too early, or as you said; the lips are spreading from repeated dropping.

None of this gets in to extractor issues either. One thing at a time.....

Good luck.

R

Just checked: .350" is correct. Actually, anywhere between .330 and .350". They are .38 super mags, but I think the dimension will be the same for 9mm.

Edited by R.Elliott

sad to say I think it might've been a combo of dirty mags and the spread lips. I cleaned and dry lubed the mags on Thursday, and carefully smacked the lips back in to about .355 on average. I then put 300 rounds throught it yesterday afternoon with one stovepipe. But that was probably caused by me purposely trying to slow the slide down with my thumb in an attempt to duplicate the jams from Sunday.

3 of my mags had a crapload of dirt in the very top of them, which seemed to be binding up the floorplates. I guess I managed to clean the same 4 mags over and over again, and somehow didn't clean those 3 at the range???

all new springs in them as well. Most of the issues were nose up hitting the top of the barrel, usually a few rounds into the mag.

gonna do some more testing tomorrow.

sad to say I think it might've been a combo of dirty mags and the spread lips. I cleaned and dry lubed the mags on Thursday, and carefully smacked the lips back in to about .355 on average. I then put 300 rounds throught it yesterday afternoon with one stovepipe. But that was probably caused by me purposely trying to slow the slide down with my thumb in an attempt to duplicate the jams from Sunday.

3 of my mags had a crapload of dirt in the very top of them, which seemed to be binding up the floorplates. I guess I managed to clean the same 4 mags over and over again, and somehow didn't clean those 3 at the range???

all new springs in them as well. Most of the issues were nose up hitting the top of the barrel, usually a few rounds into the mag.

gonna do some more testing tomorrow.

Good. Sounds like you've got it pretty much sorted out.