Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ar Springs-who Makes Quality Tiny Ones

InTheBlack

Who makes high quality ejector & extractor springs for ARs?

I'm getting a failure to eject, with the casing ending up horizontally in the upper left portion of the receiver (11 o-clock viewed from the rear)

Sometimes it clears the bolt, and sometimes it is still somewhat centered on the bolt face -- but not stuck under the extractor.

Also, this particular gun doesn't always strip the cartridge off the magazine. Happens with several magazines, and not always when there are only a few rounds in the magazine. Haven't tested these mags with another gun yet.

Its a DPMS upper on a Bushmaster lower.

If it isn't ejecting due to the ejector, then check the ejector plunger tunnel. It may be jammed with chips of brass. Some lots of Winchester white box Q3131 are soft, and shaved brass can build up and crunch your spring. Q3131A is OK.

If the extractor is dying, install a new spring, make sure you've got the blue or black plastic insert in it, and go. If that still isn't enough, add a D-Fender.

I've got some new extractor springs comeing, supposed to be strong enough that adding the D-Fender makes it too much of a good thing. We'll see. More as I find it out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Could it be the ammo you're using? Have you tried multiple types of ammo? Maybe the cartridge case is out of speck, since you're also having trouble stripping a new round off the mag...

Just a wild guess...

SAB