Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock versus S&W M&P

vrod2011

There are more parts available for Glock than for the MP. I've handled 2 MP and the trigger was terrible but then so is the Glock. I know how to work on the Glock trigger the MP ??, no. The Glock grip angle takes some getting used to but it can be done, easily. Also there is the cheap mag for the Glock (even though I've heard they have gone up). And Glocks are stone reliable, I'll stick with them.

I love my Glock 34 for Production and my Glock 27 for carry and protection. I have heard from some very accomplished shooters that the SW M&P is a superior handgun, I for one am a shooter not a collector and my Glocks have never failed me. All of my holsters, mags and accessories are all Glock friendly and I would hate to have to go through the expense of replacing it all. Even if the M&P is that much better (which I am having a hard time believing.) :cheers: Dan

Shot a friends M&P for the first time last week and noticed the feel of the trigger and action is smooth right out of the box. The M&P seems like a very shooter friendly pistol. The Glock is more of a service pistol and had to do a trigger job on my G34 to get it to feel similar to the M&P.

I think Glocks are one of the best handguns ever built. The reliability thing is key. Reliability might be most important thing a handgun could possibly have.

That said, I was practically born with a 1911 in my hand and I've had to always get inside the barn to be hitting the broad side with the G17 we have. It's an excellent, excellent gun that just isn't working for me.

I have picked up an M&P and badly scared some silhouettes, nice and quickly.

I'm sore tempted to go grip reduction, as the one G19 I handled like that seemed homier.

I have the "buy American" tendency, as do many self-employed persons, and so the M&P has grab in that regard.

But the one thing that keeps the 17 in the safe and the M&P on the gunshop shelf is the Advantage Arms .22 top end. Not only is it a cheap fun thing, it's a cheap practice thing (my weakness is inconsistent grip and trigger control, for which rimfire practice can be helpful), and best of all, it's a great training thing, especially for young, new shooters.

When AA does a rimfire top end for the M&P, the 17 may be asked to move along.

Bill

Using the search function isn't a bad idea. Too, the Speed Shooter Specialties section here would be good insight. In the end, it's probably best to not try and change folks' mind. Just shoot what you want and what you like.

Rich