Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Some More Video

gunnerBU

Here's a few more match videos. The first is from a local match in April.

The second is from the Texas Open. I shot through on Saturday, because I had a final exam that morning. The shoot through really screwed up my game. I didn't have enough time to really program the stages, and had a few mental mistakes. I felt rushed too. (Sorry for the bad video, my sister was filming.)

Texas Open

Edited by gunnerBU

-What was the problem with your gun? Malfs are a killer...no? PM coming your way on that topic...

-Standing reloads are almost always a looser, especially in Limited. Was there any way to avoid them at the April Match?

-You seem to be miscalling some of your shots...and penalties are another hf killer. It looks like you are shooting steel quite well, so it makes me wonder if you might be yanking the trigger off the target for your second shots on paper.

-Nice reload on the classifier!

-Be ready to fire the instant your sights are where you want them on your draw. You seem to pause for a moment on every draw

-Your splits are okay, but your transitions seem a little slow in comparison (difficult to ascertain the target distance/difficulty in some stages though)

Shooting and classes are a killer mix brother! I'm right there with ya ;)

Dude, you lyin' to me, tellin' me yo Glock be runnin' hunnert puhsent!!!! ;)

Gotta gotta gotta get that worked out, man, whatever it takes.

You've made some improvement in the movement stuff - you're getting from point to point faster than at Double Tap. Reloads are coming along well. I can echo Micah's comments re: extra shots - of course, I'm taking way too many of them, myself, so... ;)

As far as transitions go, you could probably work on those some - but the targets were rather tight at the TX Open, so some care in lining up was called for on many shots... ;)

Haha, man I thought I had it runnin good, but I guess not...still not exactly sure what is goin on.

I really think it is my mags, but I bought 4 new mags, put new +10% springs in, and still have problems...

I have also noticed that my followers come up very slowly when feeding the next round, I really think this has to do with the springs...

-What was the problem with your gun? Malfs are a killer...no? PM coming your way on that topic...

-Standing reloads are almost always a looser, especially in Limited. Was there any way to avoid them at the April Match?

-You seem to be miscalling some of your shots...and penalties are another hf killer. It looks like you are shooting steel quite well, so it makes me wonder if you might be yanking the trigger off the target for your second shots on paper.

-Nice reload on the classifier!

-Be ready to fire the instant your sights are where you want them on your draw. You seem to pause for a moment on every draw

-Your splits are okay, but your transitions seem a little slow in comparison (difficult to ascertain the target distance/difficulty in some stages though)

Shooting and classes are a killer mix brother! I'm right there with ya ;)

I just went back and really looked over my videos again. I never noticed that little hesitation after my draw...I'll work on it.

The stage with the standing reload was set up weird with the counts...I could have reloaded on the move, but I would have had to reload twice, or ran the gun to slide lock. So would that have really saved me time??

Edited by gunnerBU

The stage with the standing reload was set up weird with the counts...I could have reloaded on the move, but I would have had to reload twice. So would that have really saved me time??

Yes. Even if it costs me an extra reload, it is still a time saver to do them "off the clock".