Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First match

inkedshooter

So first match ever shooting revolver. Our first stage bundle of nerves of course. Finished the course of fire and totaly bypassed a section with two papers and one steel. Getting back from lunch our stage starts off with a texas star that you are shooting through a barrel with about a 3"x8" hole. 4 out of 5 plates and 3 moonclips I moved on. Oh yeah DONT load and make ready till the r.o. tells you too, even when the range is clear!! One stage started gun on a barrel pointed down range unloaded moonclip next to firearm. I unholsterd my revolver before r.o. said make ready. Things to remember..... take your time and think!!

So first match ever shooting revolver. Our first stage bundle of nerves of course. Finished the course of fire and totaly bypassed a section with two papers and one steel. Getting back from lunch our stage starts off with a texas star that you are shooting through a barrel with about a 3"x8" hole. 4 out of 5 plates and 3 moonclips I moved on. Oh yeah DONT load and make ready till the r.o. tells you too, even when the range is clear!! One stage started gun on a barrel pointed down range unloaded moonclip next to firearm. I unholsterd my revolver before r.o. said make ready. Things to remember..... take your time and think!!

Did they DQ you for that?

I did'nt get dq'd which I was expecting to. The range was clear and the r.o. anounced range is hot, soon as he said that I unholstered my firearm unloaded of course, right then he put his hand on my shoulder and gave me the warning.

I did'nt get dq'd which I was expecting to. The range was clear and the r.o. anounced range is hot, soon as he said that I unholstered my firearm unloaded of course, right then he put his hand on my shoulder and gave me the warning.

As long as you know that is a DQ.

I know it is. Sucks cause our last stage the guy that was an r.o. and gave me the warning, first part of the stage second trigger pull had a round go off with no powder. That puff, all of us knew what happened. I was hoping that he could have gotten a re-shoot, but one of the guys told me that others not in our squad would have protested, which I dont understand completly cause another shooter was asked to repeat a stage while our squad was shooting due to I think a firearm or timing malunction. Anyways you live and learn and move on to the next match....

You should have been DQed. The guys you were shooting with were right, it is against the rules and unfair to the other shooters to gve a reshoot on a malfunction. The guy that got the reshoot probably got it because somebody forgot to write the time on his score sheet.