Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Can RO see all?

"IF" on your own initiative you did look at video or photo that clearly demonstrated you DQ'd someone and you were wrong. What would you do?

Nothing. I would run next competitor. The shooter can take the issue to arbitration. That is his right. Camera does not prove that my call is wrong for the reason already explained above.

Would you, as an RO, want to know if your call was right or wrong?

No, I don't want to see the camera and I don't want to question my call I made before. Same reason. I call what I see not what camera from the other place.

Generally speaking I would strongly oppose for ANY RO to watch the video at the range that would prove or disprove his call. Should RO find himself in perception that he was wrong, he would loose his confidence. RO with poor confidence is dangerous RO. He may not make a call when it is due jeopardizing the safety of all. If you think that RO made wrong call don't even try to bring him the camera. Just go to arbitration.

The RO in your case that found himself being wrong is a damaged goods. He would not be good RO for a while.

Regards.

I have a hard time believing any RO wouldn't want a shooter to get a fair shake in the event they made a bad call. Yep, hard to believe - but it's actually possible for you (or any RO) to make a bad call. If video can prove you made a wrong call, why wouldn't you be open to correcting your mistake? ROs are only human - they DO NOT SEE ALL; they simply see as much as they can see. It troubles me that an RO is more interested in preserving his self-confidence and EGO more than treating a shooter fairly.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic