Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Classifier: Percentage Approximation

I am sure this must have been cover here in the past but I don't know what word combination to use to dig it up with the search tool. Please bear with my "newbieness"...

I have two classifiers that were shot in recent days that didn't make it into this months' results of my USPSA Classifier Percentages. I am under the impression that I did OK on both of these and, even though I know they will show up next month, I would love to find out sooner. Is there any way that I can input the numbers myself and have an idea of what the results were? Maybe I didn't do as well as I am hopping... :o)

Thanks!

-Cy

The classifiers are:

CM 99-46 "Close Quarter Standards"

Time: 21.12 sec

Total Points: 112 pts (20-"A" & 4-"C")

Hit Factor: 5.3030

Stage Points: 104.8801

CM 08-04 "Seven"

Time: 7.63 sec

Total Points: 33 pts (6-"A" & 1-"C")

Hit Factor: 4.3250

Stage Points: 25.6038

Just in case you want to do it the hard way....

1) google the classifier name and pull out the HF from a recent match result for a given competitor.

2) Go onto the USPSA site and look up the percentage using the competitors USPSA number.

3) compute the ratio of his HF and percentage to your HF and solve the equation for your percentage, which is the only unknown variable in the EQ.

4) crank the numbers to get your percentage.

OR just use the aforementioned classifier calculator, which does this for you :)