Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Classifier scoring question

Dave Gundry

I recently shot 99-23 (Front Sight) at a local match. I am 80+% sure I got a perfect double on it, and my video seems to back that up, so I shot it again after the match to be re-submitted. Call me a grandbagger if you want, I just wanted the score I shot to count. Anyway, the first run with the 'mike' was a 6.6986HF and the re-entry was 8.1662HF. Using the Ohio classifier calculator, those runs come out to about 50% and 60% respectively. My classification lookup shows I shot a 50%. I thought USPSA uses the higher of the 2 values submitted, and they obviously have both scores in the system. I have a 58% on file, so the 60% shouldn't be thrown out for being too high. Correct?

Is the Ohio Calculator that far off? Almost forgot - I am shooting in Single Stack...

Looks like you still unclassified in single stack, so none of your scores should get thrown out until your intial classification is complete. It would also appear that maybey your re-shoot was not submitted if you say you shot it twice. Usually the clubs don't submit both scores from the same day.

If I go to:

-Local Match Results

-Homen Practical Shooters

-4-20-08

-Single Stack Overall

-A60363

There are both scores; my first run with the rest of the match, and the re-entry of the classifier.

It was my understand the club just ahs to submit the score, and then USPSA takes the higher of the two automatically. Looks like the club has done all they needed to, correct?

Thanks for the help :cheers:

No.

If you shot the same classifier twice at the match you can only submit one classifer to the classifier upload. If the club submitted the lower of the two that is the one you will get.

When you are saying that the USPSA will use the higher of the two that is if you shot the same classifier at two different match two weeks in a row. then they would use the higher of the two.

Good Luck

Yup, I paid for the second run. So even though both scores are submitted to USPSA and show up on my results page for the match, one of them needs to be singled out by the stats folk and submitted as THE classifier to count... correct?

Thanks again for the help and clarifications :cheers:

Yup, I paid for the second run. So even though both scores are submitted to USPSA and show up on my results page for the match, one of them needs to be singled out by the stats folk and submitted as THE classifier to count... correct?

Thanks again for the help and clarifications :cheers:

I don't think you'd necessarily know if they were both submitted to USPSA.

Them showing in the scores is a seperate operation from sending in the classifier scores. Some clubs still send them (classifier files) in snail mail...not electronically.

Call Sedro...but, I'd ask you match director first (to check that they were sent in with the classifier files).

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess your club uses EZWin Score for the matches. The report it generates will list your first run, the one USPSA will use by default to score you. The reentry will be there, but they, i.e., USPSA, have no reason to use the second score based upon the electronically submitted report, your first score is the one used for calculations, not your best score.

I'm no expert by any means, and not only do I not do stats, I did not stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. :D

However, I was under the (mis?) impression re-entries were not used for classifiers, no fair practicing....

Perhaps that was just the way some old guys thought it should be rather than the way it is.