Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

American Handgunner World Shootoff

Just a reminder that the World Shootoffs are June 26-29 in Montrose, Colorado. The Winchester World Challenge can be shot either June 22,23 or 24. For more info check the range website at:

www.sanjuanrange.com

Hammer

Winchester is best 3 of 4 runs on the clock, alternating left and right arrays for the 15 stages, one day. Cash payback for division/class. Handgunner is J-ladder, man vs. man, best 2 of 3 runs - you may shoot up to 5 runs/stage on a 17-32 man squad, over 3 days. Shooters squadded by division/class. Points awarded for winning a run. Prize table by division/class. Side shoots Wednesday for shotgun, rifle, .22 rifle and .22 pistol. Also cowboy rifle and shotgun if you're so inclined.

Divisions are Stock & Open Semiauto, Stock & Open Double Action Revolver, and Single Action Revolver. Six targets plus stop plate for semiauto, 4 targets plus stop plate for revolvers.

Edited by NMCOpen

If you can afford the gas, GO!. It's remarkable shooting, top shooters from around the world, But it is in the middle of great scenory too, elk everywhere as big as a house, just take plenty of suntan oil and sweat rags, they had plenty of water and a chunk wagon for lunch :rolleyes:

Great match, If your going to spend a week shooting this is the way to do it!

If you shoot the Winchester as well as the STI/Handgunner bring plenty of ammo, 1500 or so.

I've shot it several years & it is a really great time. Take lots of ammo. One year I shot 2700rds. I had a good year plus I won my class in the winchester & came out pretty well in the main match. The squad was pretty big that year so that is part of the reason for all the rounds. I shot 500 in practice while there, plus to be honest, I missed a bunch! hahaha.

The main match is like drag racing. You against the other shooter. Horn blows, away you go. You hit a couple plates, then you miss one, you hear the other shooter tearing 'em up, burning them down, you suck it up, front sight, aim, squeeze, hit, front sight, aim, squeeze, hit. You hear him miss one, here's your chance, your 6 plates or poppers or whatever the target on this bay is, are down now to the stop plate, one shot off--miss, he is there also, he misses, then you nail it, he hits his stop plate also, yours is on the bottom, You win that run! Oh man, it is an adrenaline rush shooting man on man all day for 3 days. Oh yeah.

MLM