Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Critique please - 2 stages

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Qbg3RxzZW1g - field

http://youtube.com/watch?v=i1TGyao9L8g - cones

I'm generally slow and out of practice, but where am I losing the most time? Is it the movement and setups? (I feel like I'm shooting slow enough for that to be less of an issue! :rolleyes: )

I would very much appreciate any sort of advice, critique, or comments (no tact necessary).

Edited by lokigoesrawr

I'm generally slow and out of practice, but where am I losing the most time? Is it the movement and setups? (I feel like I'm shooting slow enough for that to be less of an issue! :rolleyes: )

I would very much appreciate any sort of advice, critique, or comments (no tact necessary).

On the cone stage, when you shot the first set of steel, you went in to deep and then had to lean back to clear the barricade.

One the field stage, move aggressive movement after the reloads, if you can, pick up targets coming into and while leaving positions

The shooting looks pretty solid but I found some little things I can point out that can shave some time.

1st video

1. The first position when your done shooting you basically stand there and do a reload. You start moving towards the end of the reload after the mag drops out. You can get moving as soon as you call your last shot. If you look how you leave the 2nd position after the last shot its great. You explode out and snap the gun to the next target. You can do the same with the reload but you have to actually practice the moving reload.

2. Again you second reload. You want to try to get the reload done by your first or second step(since your moving). Watch your feet in the video during the reload and try to figure out if you were full stride how much time you could of shaved off.

I have to say your transition on the last array was great. You really snap the gun over. Overall it looks good.

2nd video

About the only thing that really stuck out was like it said in the last post you got sucked in too far on that 3rd position and it took alot of time to get out

that position. Without being there its hard to tell on that 3rd position. You might have had to really get in there to get a good look at the targets. If thats the case you don't want to put all your weight on that outside leg unless you absolutely have to. It takes alot of time to shift your weight and move out of a position when all your weight is shifted right and then trying to move left.

Like I said early these are just some minor things I noticed that will help you shave some time off. With production your doing so many reloads you can really take seconds off your stages. I'm on Open shooter so maybe some production shooters will speak up.

Keep it up, looks great

Flyin

Edited by Flyin40

Thanks for the help guys!

I guess I'm a bit insecure about my reloads, it feels like I'll end up fumbling with the mag until I'm well into the next shooting position. I'll have to practice moving reloads.

I'll try to not crowd myself as well.

You appear to be shooting very solid. Much of what I saw was the same as the other input, but I have some additional input. Your reloads are slow because of your left hand. Snap that bad boy to the mag and back to the gun as fast as you can and still get the right grip on the mag. The way I like to think about it is if I can see my fingers instead of a blur, my left hand was too slow to the mag and back to the gun. I envision this image right before practicing my reloads in dry fire. It helps. Unlike limited and open, the reload is a serious chunk of total time in a match for production. Dry fire practice those bad boys till your gun turns a putrid shade of candy apple blue.

You are overshooting wall edges and overextending to where you have to withdraw and then go forward. Sometimes it's unavoidable sometimes it's not. During walk through set in your mind where you can shoot the targets, but not extract yourself to move.

You are losing a little bit of time on transitions. It looked like some times you snap your vision to the next target and get the gun there fast. Other times you are moving the gun with your vision and then have to search to find the target. You can see a couple of transitions where you lose the target.

Lastly, when you are planting your feet, standing up, then shooting. The standing takes time. Stay at the same level that you were when you planted and shoot at that level.

I am not one of those quick. explosive shooters who waits until the last shot is fired before initiating movement. In my opinion (and it's only an opinion) you could shave off a lot of time by leaning, shifting your weight, or picking up a foot as you are shooting the last shot. Try it some time, pick up a foot as you are shooting, dump the mag as soon as you call the last shot, and have the reload complete within the first couple of steps. If it isn't your style and doesn't work, ditch it and carry on. I think you could also save time by shooting as you arrive.