Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Match IV Question

JWG

Just received my 08 Cup program today and under Match IV: Note: Competitors must fire all stages in the standing position. Open firearm competitors may fire from the prone position during the 25 yard stage. Did I miss something?

Haven't received my program yet, but match IV is Falling Plates, and that is probably a misprint. The rules changed so that prone is allowed for all shooters at any distance except 10 yards. Some rules are different for the Cup, but that one isn't. Probably someone just copied the rule from a past program when that rule was in effect without checking for changes that have been made since it was printed.

Alan~^~

Haven't received my program yet, but match IV is Falling Plates, and that is probably a misprint. The rules changed so that prone is allowed for all shooters at any distance except 10 yards. Some rules are different for the Cup, but that one isn't. Probably someone just copied the rule from a past program when that rule was in effect without checking for changes that have been made since it was printed.

Alan~^~

Alan,

I just read the current program and the same instructions are printed at the bottom of the Practical, and the Barricade states that metallic sight competitors can not touch any part of the barricade while firing. This was all changed as you stated and must have been reprinted without updating. If not these have been changed again without putting the word out. I do not believe this is the case.

All,

Unfortunatly it is a misprint, no rule changes in 2008!

This will be addressed in a Match Directors Bulletin. Sorry for the Confusion.

See ya in Columbia.

Tom...

thughes@nrahq.org

Just received my 08 Cup program today and under Match IV: Note: Competitors must fire all stages in the standing position. Open firearm competitors may fire from the prone position during the 25 yard stage. Did I miss something?