Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Like: Got Outdoor Channel to watch shooting

redwoods

I lost my outdoor channel yesterday. Today I turned on the TV and it said "your preview period has ended"

I called direct tv and they said they gave it to me as a preview, they didn't know how long it was for a preview. I got it about six months ago.

I asked them what I need to do to get it back....

"You can add the sports package for $12.95." I said thats too much, I only want one channel. I said can you give me another free preview

"You can add the sports package for $12.95." I said can I get it alacarte

"You can add the sports package for $12.95." I said I wanted to reduce my payment, can I change packages

"You can get the premier package for $104.00" I said I only watch 20 channels. What if I get the family package for $29, will I loose the military channel? What channels can I buy for alacarte?

"Hold on"................................."I can add the Outdoor Channel for you alacarte"

I told the person, I don't want to say this to be mean and don't want to ruin your day, but why did you just tell me this now? I asked if I could get it alacarte in the beginning. Did you have to ask your supervisor?

"WE HAVE TO OFFER THE SPORTS PACKAGE FIRST"

So I guess you really need to be persistent and ask and ask again. I am going to call back and speak with a supervisor about the person lying by not answering my question when I first asked it.

...snip...I am going to call back and speak with a supervisor about the person lying by not answering my question when I first asked it.

That's not lying, thats marketing! What if you were selling a gun for $450 but knew you would take $425 for it, I offer $400 and you say $450, I finally talk you down to $425, did you lie to me about the price? I think you just wanted to get the most you could.

I have been getting the Outdoor Channel from Direct TV and previously (years ago) from

Dish Network for an additional $1.99 per month, But I guess it is their job to upgrade you

to a bigger package...

I have been getting the Outdoor Channel from Direct TV and previously (years ago) from

Dish Network for an additional $1.99 per month, But I guess it is their job to upgrade you

to a bigger package...

I just found out about this channel and the shooting shows last week and called (mediacom) immediately.. No ala carte, but $9 got a whole ton of channels including military (awesome) and the game show network which my wife hasn't stopped watching.

Got the Outdoor channel for one reason, Wednesday Night at the Range, sometime last year.

Direct TV is my provider and went through a similiar Q&A to get it. But for $1.99 a month it's worth it. What's also cool is that our onsite company housing also has the channel.

Can't blame the providers for trying to sell you an upgrade package. Problem is that 99.9% of the people don't know you can order channels a la carte.

Time Warner gave notice in Central Texas a year ago or so that they were dropping the Outdoor Channel from "basic cable". All the fans in this area screamed and they yielded. Actually, the just waited for several months then pulled it without warning. :angry2:

At least you can get it.

Here in AZ we have COX Communications and they don't carry the Outdoor Channel!! :angry: :angry:

I would have to go t Direct TV, and that on my care would be more expensive for what I want and for what I have!!

That just sucks!!