Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tell me about your IDPA SSR gun

HighVelocity

• 1 year later...

At least once a year I run my Ruger Security Six (stainless, 4", Millett Orange Bar front sight, Ruger standard {but fortuitously their wide-notch} black rear sight, Trausch grips (modded out for better ejection/speedloader insertion), Blade-Tech IWB holster, Bianchi Accumold dual speedloader pouch and an Uncle Mike's single nylon speedloader pouch, HKS speedloaders). I don't exactly break any land-speed records with it, but I have a good time, and it's great to keep my hand in the revolver game.

Ammunition-wise, I use either Remington/UMC or Winchester 125gr +P semi-jacketed hollowpoints, which is a good anolog load to my carry load of Remington Golden Saber 125gr +P hollowpoints.

Best, Jon

Edited by JonInWA

Started out shooting a 4 in., 66-3, square butt with JM grips, but switched to S&W's 686 SSR for 2009. I like the look of the slab sided barrel on the 686 SSR, don't know if does anything for my shooting though. The wife is shooting a 4 in., 19. You just can't beat the feel of a K-frame in my humble opinion. We both use Blade tech holsters and ready tactical carriers with comp III loaders.

regards.

Chris

I just started shooting a revo again (a 686 4" using Comp II's). Had action work done. Haven't competed with it since I got a new FO front sight. Hurry up SPRING!!!!! The grips were purchased at Camp Perry from Jim Clark Sr. and they are Hogue 2 piece Walnut with finger grooves which actually fit my hand (unlike those on the G...k!). Use it as a reshoot and enjoy it a lot. I tried a name brand kydex holster and it didn't work for me so I went to a Fist straight drop leather holster and it works well.

FWIW

Richard